SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myates33

Rebuild fireplace surround that wraps around. Need mantle ideas too!

myates33
5 years ago

I'd like to redo the surround of my gas fireplace. The fireplace centers the room but is only visible on two sides, which is awkward I think. Especially for a mantle placement that won't look outdated. It throws off a lot of heat and I usually it light it with the doors open. So I don't hang anything above it and have to pay attention to the materials used. I hate the granite tile. It's even inside the fireplace a bit. I guess I can cover that up with fireplace safe black paint. I'd like to redo the front lighter in color and will be painting the walls in the room a neutral color as well. I'm hoping to do a modern farmhouse style with lots of light furniture. I like the look of stacked stone, whitewashed brick, stucco... I need to do this affordably and safely. Like I said, the heat that comes out of the fireplace is high. I'm even hoping to do this DIY. I am pretty handy with home projects if it's not too technical. I don't have machinery to cut things but do you have a hand saw. can I get stacking Stone or thin brick that is basically just a facade but safe for this fireplace? If so, how do I place that? I've added pics of some fireplaces I found online. I'm not sure how to add a mantle with these ideas though. the last photo with the orange walls is the front of my fireplace. This post will only allow four pictures so I will reply with the other photos of my fireplace and room in the house.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living