SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
primdawg

Where to put the grill?

This question is about my guest house that will also be an Airbnb rental unit.

So my place is an open loft apartment (2 guests usually )over a detached garage in the mountains. The back overlooks a river. So in our area there are a few amenities that are frequently searched for.

#1 Hot Tub

#2 Grill

#3 Outdoor fire pit

I know some people say hot tubs and grills are a liability, but in this area it is a strike against if you don’t have at least one of those. My target guest is generally someone who is an avid outdoors person, probably into camping, but now wants a bit more luxury.

I was planning on a hot tub so we can use it when we don’t have guests. I would like to add a grill, the fire pit is a distant maybe.

The loft has a small screened porch with a view of the river off the back. My thought is to add the hot tub in the area below the porch, this way they can enjoy the view while using the tub. They will have to go down a flight of stairs, out the door and then walk around to the back. This is pretty standard for most places around here as building in the mountains means you have a hot tub on a lower level because of the weight.

However, I will also have to put a grill down there as well since there is no safe place to have a grill up on the living level.

Should I put the grill right outside the door to the outside or should I consolidate and make the grilling area around the back with the hot tub and seating area?

Here is a floorplan of the apartment

3D rendering

Floorplan of lower level showing the 2 possible grill stations (the garage is not accessible to guests)

3D rendering showing the walk to the hot tub area

My place is usually rented by a couple, or possibly a small group of 3-4 if they use the sofa bed. No kids.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals