SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cskagen

Bedroom furniture design ideas

cskagen
5 years ago

We have beautiful Mission bedroom furniture that my husband made when we were married. We are going to get rid of the tall armoire so we can put a reading chair in the corner. Then he would build a short and wide dresser/console below where the TV is. It would need to hold some sweaters and off season clothes- cabinets or drawers are fine. Here's where the dilemma occurs- I'd like to start updating the overall look of the room (I lean mid century modern) but he loves the Mission look. Since he owns a custom hardwood furniture company, he does not want to make anything that is painted, antique, etc. I need design help! How can we blend our styles in the new piece? We want a design that will showcase wood but with simple lines. Exotic woods, bookmatching, live edge, contrasting wood, etc are all possible. His metal worker can customize metal elements if needed. We plan to keep the Mission bedside table and dresser, but will eventually replace the bed with a softer headboard. Please send any photo ideas our way! His website (if you'd like perspective on his overall style) is www.denaliwoodworks.com

Comments (9)