SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pollydill

More questions about Induction Range, Bosch Benchmark HIIP055U

pollydill
5 years ago

Hi all,

I have read (and reread) all the mostly good reviews for the Bosch slide-in induction range and am preparing to pull the trigger. I realize reviews are often generated by bad experiences, so just a couple of questions. I currently have a Jenn-Air glass-top 13 yo electric range with a bad board that is no longer made (error message when heating oven). I have not liked this range since owned as the glass top scratches easily and early on developed a haze on one of the burners. There is drip between the glass oven door that I cannot clean and it has never fit properly in the space provide--it's about and inch too tall.

The Bosch range appears to fit the space better for a built in look and I am hoping the glass top is easier to clean (since it doesn't get hot). Correct me if I am wrong.

How do you like the oven? I understand it may be slow to reach desired temperature--especially when the recipe requires temperature adjustments.

Is the oven easy to clean? I am hoping the shattering glass door is an aberration rather than the norm.

Has anyone suffered a drip between the glass? Is there an easy fix for this or must I contact a Bosch repair person?

I would prefer a storage drawer rather than a warming drawer. Has anyone used the drawer for storage? I know Bosch does not recommend this.

Thank you in advance for your advice and any other tips you may have! I have found this site invaluable.

PD

Comments (12)