SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sproquita

Advice on decorating dining room wall

Miss Spring
5 years ago

I'd appreciate advice on decorating our dining room wall.

I live in a small 1950s ranch house updated with an open concept living area. I am redoing the dining room and family room at the same time. My taste is contemporary but interior designers tell me to adopt a transitional style to get the home looking more put together.

I will paint the walls Benjamin Moore Crisp Llnen. The doors, ceiling and molding will be painted Benjamin Moore Chantilly Lace. So, the rooms will be much lighter.

The dining room is 10 x 15 with 8 ft. ceilings and south east facing sliding glass doors. Our floors are faded and scratched walnut. (3 dogs + California sun)

Here's a picture of the empty room as we prepare to paint. The outlet in the center of the wall will be removed.

As I already have a French country dining room table and chairs, I plan to replace our table with an oval, marble top tulip table to achieve a look akin to this picture.

We use the table below as a buffet. It will go against the dining room wall. You can see our current dining room table behind it. (Everything's jumbled up while we paint.)

Thank you!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler