SHOP BY DEPARTMENT
Houzz Logo Print
pbeq111

Living room grey and pink- need help with the right sofa

pbeq111
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Need help with furnishing my living room particularly getting a sofa. I started a few months ago with the room but got side tracked with other stuff going one. Please share your ideas.

The room:

The hardwood floor is new and the walls were recently painted. Wall color is Wise Owl (sand color) by Kelly Moore. Accent wall under the stairs is dark brown and measures 104 feet in length (same measurement as the 3 windows on the opposite wall). The adjacent wall is 149 feet. The room has vaulted ceiling.

I may not put TV in the room. Curtains are old so I don't mind if they have to go. Only the green cabinet needs to stay. Everything else in the pics (chairs, black book case, bean bags) can go. Please excuse the mess.

What is my inspiration:

I love pink. I don't want to overdo it but I find this picture inspiring, with blush color accents and frilly pillows.

What I must absolutely have: Pink chairs. The tufted pink chairs below are lovely but I am open to ideas. I can use pillows, throw and flowers to add more pink accent on a grey sofa to tie in everything. Hope these chairs will be the main focus that stands out.

What I am keeping: I have this green piece that I want to keep (dim: 3 feet wide, 32 inch tall, 6 inch deep). If it fits with the rest of the furniture, I can bring it into the living room setup, otherwise let it sit at the entrance as is. Either way works for me. The blackish bookcase in the back can go.

What I need from the sofa I will buy:

-grey

-fabric

Things I cannot figure out:

1. This is pretty. Will this tufted sofa from Living Space be too overpowering for the room (all furniture being tufted)? Is velvet bit much given I want to use pink accent chairs and pillows? Macy's and a couple of other places have similar styles too.

2. Can you help me with what shape/size will work : sectional (like in the inspiration photo), or sofa + love seat, or sofa + matching single arm chair as in below pic? I will put 2 pink accent chairs for sure.

3. Should I get a non-tufted sofa that will not compete for attention with the pink chairs? Please share some ideas.

4. I am not sure to go with light grey or dark grey sofa. Please suggest.

5. How to set the furniture in the room? Please help with placement.

Thanks a lot for all your help :)

Comments (27)

Sponsored
Outdoor Spaces
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Experienced Full Service Landscape Design Firm Serving Loudoun County