SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stephanie_wong43

What shape and color sectional for this space?

Stephanie Wong
5 years ago

Hey all, this is my first post! We are looking to replace our current living room set with a sectional. I am having a really hard time deciding the color and shape of the sectional!

The dilemma is that we don't want to cover too much of the sliding glass door or cut off the "open conceptness" of the room (behind the arm chair is the breakfast nook), but obviously a sectional would have to stick out on either one (or both) sides!

The other dilemma is these walls... They're very blue... We're not the biggest fans, but changing the wall color is not really an option right now. Having a hard time thinking of a color to match them (EVERYTHING in the master bedroom is gray so I'm trying to stay away from that). S.O. is against anything super light colored because he's positive he'll mess it up (creams, whites, etc). Also want to put an area rug under that spot eventually so have to think of a color for that too.

Sorry for the long post, and sorry if I seem to be asking you guys to basically design my whole living room (because I am! lol). We're first time home owners and have no idea what we're doing!!

P.S. Yes I do like our current set (minus the coffee table, that's Ikea lol). It's very good quality, it's a hand-me-down/family heirloom of sorts. Had custom made for my S.O.'s dad who's an architect. But it's our house and kinda wanna design it how we want it, which is a bit more modern looking than this!

Comments (5)