SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandlapper_rose

FOTESS: November – Early December “Christmas Stocking Exchange”

sandlapper_rose
5 years ago

FOTESS requires that you be a member in order to swap with this group. FOTESS stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. For more information about membership contact me Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) or Lisa (PaperFinch). Our other “membership lady” can't access Houzz right now so try me or Lisa if you want information about membership.

Our theme for this month “Christmas Stocking Exchange” will carry over into December. Shirley (sjc48) was signed up to be hostess for December but I don't know if she will have access to the group by then so I just “spilled over” a bit into December. If Shirley is back in touch for December, she will likely host a Christmas card swap so I think we can manage both if she wants to be hostess for that swap. Otherwise, we will just continue to chat on this same heading in December.

Please sign up for this swap by Nov. 10 and mail your package by Dec. 8. That deadline should allow you to send your package at a slower speed (and at less cost) if you like. The stocking can be any kind (bought or made) and should be about 8 – 12 inches in length. When I say handmade, anything goes. Do something fancy or make it out of anything even kraft paper and glue or gift wrap and decorate it a bit. Just make it stocking shaped. No one will judge your artwork. As for contents, again – of your choice: garden related things can include bulbs, garden magazine (even one from earlier in the year), garden gloves, cookies, candy, seeds, note pads, pencils, markers, individually wrapped tea bags, etc. Make sure to pad things adequately if something might break. There can be non-gardening items as well.

Once I match partners, if you want your partner to open her stocking as soon as it gets there, you can let her know. I say this in case there is something perishable or something she might want to use to prepare for the holidays … or you can ask that she wait to open it on Christmas or Christmas Eve. Include your return address on the package so each person can post when her package arrives.

If you don't celebrate Christmas but want to participate, let me know and the stocking can be sent with a winter theme.

Later in November, I'll post a heading for people to sign up to be hostess for each month in 2019. Please consider helping out.

I want to participate! I love Christmas stockings.

Whether you sign up for the swap or not, watch for our fun holiday games!

Comments (158)

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Here's the picture on our last card.

The answers are: the golden grains, horses, sunset (the sun is low in the sky and the wagon is filled with hay representing the end of a hard day of work), no, white and red

Points for this last card are Annie 3, Emily 5, and Mandy 2. Thank you to everyone who played the games.

Emily is our winner with an amazing number of points! Congratulations to Jayeanne and Emily who won our two games. I hope the vintage card game was fun. I tried to find something where you could just guess a quick answer and not be tied up looking for information on the internet.

Other than the swap, this wraps things up for awhile. Jayeanne and Emily, I will mail out your prizes soon.

It's time for me to buckle down and work on my swap for my partner!

Jeanne

• smitties
    5 years ago

My box was mailed this morning. Receipt says Friday delivery.

• Related Discussions

December 2014 OBF The Grinch Gift Exchange

Q

Comments (150)
    I received a Birthday Card today from Erica and it was filled with these fantastic seeds. French Lavender Liberty Classic Snapdragons Violet dusk Penstamon Carthusian Dianthus Can't wait to grow these beauties. Thank you so much Erica. Well we have almost made it to game time: 8:00 a.m. the fun begins. See you ladies in the morning. Shirley
    ...See More

FOTESS-Giving Thanks to our Friends November Swap

Q

Comments (142)
    Heidi, that white stuff is ugly!!!!! The difference in inches is ridiculous. I find the weather folks get everyone so worked up with their forecasts. Warm weather here today. Put the outdoor decorations up since tomorrow is calling for rain and high winds. Ugh.
    ...See More

FOTESS CHRISTMAS 2022 SWAP

Q

Comments (77)
    Margo 2 points Nicole 6 points Jeanne 2 points Ruth 2 points Nicole you are correct. Very interesting the spider webs. Wonder where they get the spider webs? Thank you Nicole for the Birthday wishes. Jeanne my favorite cake was black walnut and Mom made it every year for me. Lucky we had walnuts at this time of year. I picked up my walnuts this year and the squirrels have eaten almost all of them. True story about my Birthday. When Mom enrolled me in school she entered Dec. 25th as my Birthday. All through school I thought I was born on Dec. 25th. Well when I turned 16 I had to prove I was 16 to get my drivers license. I went to the Franklin Court House to get my birth certificate and what a surprise, it said my Birthday was Dec. 24th. I just stood there looking at it. When Mom got home from work I showed it to her and said what is this about? I was born at home and Mom said the local Dr. was upset that I was taking a long time. He kept telling her he had to get home and put toys together. She swore it was after 12:00 midnight and she don't know why he put 12/24 on the birth certificate. I told her she should have went and got it and made sure it was right but oh well. From 16 on I have used 12/24 as my birthday.
    ...See More

FOTESS November swap - "I am thankful for ......................."

Q

Comments (79)
    Good Morning Y'all We have a beautiful sunny day going here. We did have our first freeze Sunday night, but it was for a short period and didn't kill all my plants. I didn't feel up to covering or bringing in anything. I still have plenty of flowers blooming and picked a handful of late green beans yesterday. Tatsoi is looking great and needs to be cut today. Turnip greens got planted late and are still tiny. I don't know if they will have time to get big enough before being frozen. I'm hoping to at least get enough for the holidays. Bingo Words Baked Ham Friendsgiving
    ...See More
  • canyonwind
    5 years ago

Congrats Emily.......well played!!

Beth, your Christmas Stocking package is planning on leaving Southern California tomorrow, Saturday, Dec 1.

Happy Friday!!

Annie

• l1oness
    5 years ago

Margo - I received the box! didn't see anything stating to wait to open it, so I opened now - I hope it was okay. The stocking was adorable, and I loved the contents. I will need to post a picture later, but it was a lovely box. Your box is packed up already and will be taken to the post office tomorrow.

Mandy

• l1oness
    5 years ago

Margo - Your package is in the mail. The post office estimates delivery on Tuesday., 12/4

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

We've had rain all day and I think it's supposed to rain again all day tomorrow. However, it was beautiful on Friday and I worked in the yard for awhile. So nice and this time of the year, no bugs!

Shirley, I'll be mailing your stocking on Monday. Also the game prizes will be going out on Monday.

Updating our swapping

Amy ----- Faye

Margo ----- Mandy

Margo sent and Mandy received it.

Mandy has sent.

Annie ----- Beth

Annie sent

Jayeanne ---- Michelle

Shirley (NC) ----- Jeanne

Jingle Bells ... Jingle Bells ... Jingle All the Way ... Oh what fun ....

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Faye, Your stocking is going out tomorrow. You can open it whenever you would like, hope you enjoy! Merry Christmas! Amy

• smitties
    5 years ago

Mandy, no problem that you opened your package now. I'm glad you enjoyed the contents. I'll certainly post when I receive yours. Margo

• canyonwind
    5 years ago

Beth, confirming your Christmas stocking did go out this past Saturday (to your PO Box). Delivery should be Wednesday. I do have a tracking #.

And go ahead and open your package after you receive!! Enjoy!!

Merry Christmas!!

Annie

• smitties
    5 years ago

Mandy, received your wonderful package today. I went ahead and opened it. I found

a pretty stocking with an orange in the toe of it. This made me smile because my late grandma used to put oranges and nuts in Christmas stockings.

two beautiful hand crafted cards. i wish I had talent.

Jergens hand lotion. My favorite cause I have always loved this scent.

Cute pair of Christmas socks.

Ghirardelli chocolates are in the cute little box in pic. Yum

brownies for dessert.

Sweet william, pinks, snapdragon, and poppy seeds.

pretty notecards

A cute paint set with a bird. Will do this later. It's a great destresser for me to paint.

and lastly, an awesome box of doterra essential oils. I'm started getting into oils about 6 months ago and these are great.

Thank you so much Mandy for the wonderful and thoughtful box of goodies. You just put a lot of brightness to my holiday. Margo

• l1oness
    5 years ago

Margo - the orange is a tradition in my family too. My mom always puts an orange in the toe of the stocking (sometimes an apple too)... so in my head, that is what belongs in the toe of every stocking! :-)

I finally got a picture of the cute items you sent - thank you again!

Mandy

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Oranges were traditional for us too. An orange, a couple nuts and a small coin. This was so long ago, you could still buy ice cream for a nickle. My how time flies

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

What great stockings! Love them!

Shirley, your stocking is on its way. Also, the prizes for the games. My husband offered to take everything to the post office for me today. That was really sweet. He said there was a long line.

Shirley, you can open your stocking when it gets there if you like. The slip says it will get there by Friday. I'll update the swap list tomorrow.

Very warm here the past few days. However, in a day or two it gets cold once again. All this up and down in the temperature is so confusing.

Jeanne

• Michelle Reynolds
    5 years ago

Hello

My stocking is on its way.

It is stuffed,

Hope it gets home soon

• nottougly
    5 years ago

Amy,

Your box is going out tomorrow and you can open it now or when you want. Please enjoy it.

Merry Christmas,

Faye!

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Updating our swapping

Amy ----- Faye

Both have mailed.

Margo ----- Mandy

Both have mailed and received.

Annie ----- Beth

Annie mailed to Beth.

Jayeanne ---- Michelle

Michelle mailed to Jayeanne.

Jeanne mailed to Shirley.

Caroling, caroling, now we go, Christmas bells are ringing

• nottougly
    5 years ago

Amy,

I forgot something in your box so it will be delayed a day maybe 2 before I ship it. I will let you know when I do.

Faye!

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago
    Jeanne I mailed your PKG Monday. Eddie said yours was delivered today. Will post pictures when I get home. On a bus trip with 41 people, was in Charleston SC yesterday and now in Savannah, Ga.
  • pinkiris
    5 years ago

Michelle, your package is ready to go, but no mail for us today ... new holiday today. I will plan to ship tomorrow for you

• gardengirl37232
    5 years ago

I got my prize today, Jeanne! Thank you so much and thank you for a fun game.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Shirley, my stocking did indeed arrive yesterday, but it was late in the day when my husband walked out to get the mail so I am just now posting. The stocking is wonderful - absolutely love the soft Santa design!

Shirley included a card, a gift package tie on, a beautiful hand painted Santa ornament (done on an egg shaped gourd), a December note pad with a magnet (we use these for our grocery list so very handy), candy cane chapstick, coconut snacks, an orange scented sweet treats soap, and a plaque that says, "Faith is inspiration for the future."

I've included 2 pictures since I want you to see how cute the stocking is! Thank you, Shirley.

Jeanne

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Jeanne ... thanks so much for the game prize, love the notepad and the Ferrero Rocher hazzlenut milk chocolates are DELICIOUS ... wow ... they are gone! LOL

thanks again Jeanne

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Michelle ... thank you very much for the wonderful handmade stocking, Love it! you are so creative and talented! several beautiful handmade gifts, a beautiful handmade necklace, 'infinity' perfume, Skin so Soft handcream, handmade soap, beautiful flowers with butterflies bag with zipper that included a matching pen, red votive candles, candy canes, LOTS of seeds! a beautiful handmade card and the most unique ornaments I have seen in a very long time ... I just absolutely love the ornaments Michelle ... did you make these? They are precious. Thank you very much Michelle for the most wonderful Stocking and everything you had tucked so neatly in there ...It felt like Christmas opening everything. Wishing you and yours a blessed and healthy Merry Christmas and Happy New 2019 year. Thank you Michelle!

• Michelle Reynolds
    5 years ago

I'm glad everything made it ok. No I didn't make the ornaments, but thought they were so pretty.

Merry Christmas

• nottougly
    5 years ago

Amy I received your stocking today. I am going to try to wait to open it but I may not.

Thank you very much.

Faye!

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Michelle, Yes everything was absolutely perfect, didnt seem to mind the travels from your place to mine =) I agree, yes, the ornaments are very pretty, thank you so much! ... and I apologize I forgot to ask you about opening it, but didnt see anything marked on the box to open or not, except which way to open it, LOL ....

Michelle, your box was mailed this morning. Merry Christmas!

• nottougly
    5 years ago

Amy,

Your package is in this afternoons mail. You can open it whenever you like. I hope you enjoy it.

Faye!@

• beth_b_kodiak
    5 years ago

Annie, the box arrived in today's mail and yours was mailed this AM. I have not opened the box yet and hope to wait a couple days. I'm thinking I can do that.

My computer just came back from the tec squad and it seems they did a great job! I know/understand nothing about computers and my efforts tend to make things worse. So thankful for the small company in town who does such a nice job.

Lots to catch up on

Thanks Annie and I'll post Sunday or Monday.

• brittneysgran
    5 years ago

Jeanne, finally able to sit down and post my wonderful stocking you sent. I'm sure you made the beautiful stocking and also the cover for the Kleenex. I will be carrying the Kleenex in my purse to show it off. I am having a cookie party on the 18th of this month so the cocktail napkins are perfect. I will also be serving the spinach dip with the mix you sent. Jeanne also sent emory boards, craft sequins, Hershey candy, a pocket pad, stamping gear, fomosa lily seeds, a Christmas card, and honey straws. I have never seen the honey straws so delighted with these. Jeanne had each gift wrapped and it was such fun to open each one. Thank you so much Jeanne for this great stocking filled with all these goodies.

• canyonwind
    5 years ago

Beth, you open the stocking package whenever your heart desires.....

These stockings are wonderful!!

Happy Sunday!!

Annie

• beth_b_kodiak
    5 years ago

Thanks Annie!!!! I decided to try opening one thing at a time. Started with the outside box and was just tickled with the stocking itself. Love love love the plaid flannel! I had just bought myself a set of sheets that are exactly the same.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed right now, computer was fixed but then my trusty old camera died. Got a new one and can't figure out how to coordinate it with the computer. I need a resident techie with a ton of patience.

• beth_b_kodiak
    5 years ago

Ahhhhhha, I figured it out!!! and here is my first photo. My stocking is red abd black plaid with a furry top and the itens inside are also wrapped in fuzzy happy fabrics.

I opened a box that contained a nice salt and pepper set designed as grape leaves and fruit. I'm mighty proud of my grape vines here at the Old Folks Farm, and will enjoy having these for year round in the kitchen. Also, as you can see... I dug around inside and found some yummmm candy. Nice work Annie. THanks

• canyonwind
    5 years ago

Beth, apparently my package from you arrived yesterday....just found it. I am running out right now and will post the wonderful contents tonight or in the morning.....

THANKS so much!!

Annie

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Scheduled for Monday delivery

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Faye, Your package came today and I am going to wait until Christmas! Thank you so much!!! Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Beth, I love that plaid stocking. I really like plaid. Our usual angel was too heavy for the top of the tree so I switched to having a big bow at the top. When I went to shop for ribbon, I decided I wanted plaid. The only spool of plaid at the store was red and black --- sort of the flannel shirt lumberjack look. I think it went well with the tree!

Shirley, so glad you liked your stocking and the contents. It sounds like you had a great trip.

• canyonwind
    5 years ago

Beth,

Beth, (beth_b_kodiak) are you also known as Beth Brownberry??????

Love my stocking....bright red and white

Lots of chocolate candy bars

Darling green and red NOEL socks....love these!!!!

Two pairs of garden gloves...pink and purple

Chapstick

Large suet cake in a basket....my birds are hungry!!

Thanks so much Beth….wonderful!!

Merry, Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Annie

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

And the fun continues ... I'll update the sent and received list soon.

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

Michelle ... hope all is OK ... I just checked the tracking on the stocking package I sent your way and it says it was delivered on Monday to your mailbox.

• beth_b_kodiak
    5 years ago

Thanks again Annie. Seems that somehow Houzz has put my facebook name onto my Houzz messenger. How or why they did that I have no clue. Sorry for any confusion. That explains ( I think) why when you send me messages from here I get them in my mailbox but Houzz won't let me answer them

More goodies from my stocking

popping corn, LOTS of candy, two big bars that are G-O-Ne already adorable Hershey chocolate ornament and a wonderful bees wax. That feels and smells sooo good. great surprises Annie. You are a super Santa

• Beth Brownberry
    5 years ago

Opened everything now and found more great gifts....colored pencils been wishing for these but never had any. I'll enjoy then . A cute metal lizard/ Geco (maybe) bottle opener. That will be handy. He can hang by his tail to be nice and handy. AND, some really cute fuzzy snow man socks. One of the best things about winter is fuzzy socks!

Thanks Annie for a terrific package of surprises. This had been fun.

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sorry to be slow about updating things. I had been so busy decorating, shopping, and cleaning up the house that I totally wore myself out. Hopefully this last week before Christmas I can just relax and enjoy it!

Updating our sent and received list:

Amy ----- Faye

Margo ----- Mandy

Annie ----- Beth

Jayeanne ---- Michelle

Jayeanne mailed and received.

Michelle, I hope you've received your package okay. Jayeanne says it has been delivered. Please let us know.

The stockings have been great and thanks to all who participated.

Jeanne

• pinkiris
    5 years ago

tracking info shows it has been delivered

December 10, 2018
    at 11:47 am

Delivered, In/At Mailbox
    TAYLOR, MO 63471

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

I contacted Michelle by email and yes, she has received the stocking. She tried to post here, but said maybe it didn't go through. Anyway, stocking swap is now completed.

Happy Holidays, everyone, and thank you for joining in!

• Michelle Reynolds
    5 years ago

I posted it again last night but its it's still not here. So here we go for the third time.

• Michelle Reynolds
    5 years ago

Didn't post the photo.

I got a red stocking with a gold M. Chocolate and caramel drizzled popcorn, peppermint truffles, a plugin wax warmer with several wax pucks, battery powered lights, candy cane hot cocoa, hand lotion, and a very nice stack of seeds.

Thank you for the great box of goodies.

Merry Christmas everyone.

• canyonwind
    5 years ago

Jeanne, THANKS so much for a wonderful November and December. So much stocking fun!!

Wishing you and your family a joyous Christmas. May 2019 be happy, healthy and safe.....

Merry, Merry Christmas!!

Annie

• amybabyboy3
    5 years ago

Faye, Merry Christmas! I opened my gift this morning and I am overjoyed with everything! Thank you so much! The monkey is so special because my little brother had one of those sock monkeys as a kid and every time I see one I think of him. I am going to send him a picture so he can see it. The ornament is also so special and reminds me of my grandparents that are no longer with me. I love the macrame and this was one of my favorite hobbies as a young adult. I can't wait to hang it up. The stocking with the plaid snowflake is adorable and the journal and pencils are something I can really enjoy in my quite time. I love the precious card that you made with the Snowman and snowflakes! The cutting board is awesome and will definitely be used in the kitchen. I have been seeing those chocolates advertised on tv and thinking I would love some! Yum! The body spray smells amazing and I will keep it with me in my purse. I also thank you for the seeds which I will be winter sowing very soon, I so appreciate everything and all the thought and care that went in to my gift. It is all so special! Thank you so much and hope you have a very, very Blessed New Year! Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    Original Author
    5 years ago

What a great stocking. Thanks for sharing the picture, Amy.

Merry Christmas!

• nottougly
    5 years ago

Amy I loved the stocking you sent to me also. I really liked the Flutter Ball. I have it hanging up now. For some reason I really like it. I liked the chocolate covered peanuts also. Thank you for everything you put in my stocking the Gardening Gloves, Screen Saver, the

Christmas Memo Book with Pen, Snowman Stickers, Gingerbread Cookie Recipe Kitchen Towel and these Seeds:

Nasturtium, Dwarf Alaska Mixed

Coleus, Rainbow Mix

Marigold, French Dwarf Double Mix

Forget-Me-Not

Thank you very much for everything.

I hope you and your family have a blessed Happy New Year.

Faye!