SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tkelliott2

Tile Layout HELP Needed ASAP!!!!!!!

teresa elliott
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I am in the middle of a shower remodel and am sooo confused about the tile layout. I have included a photo of what it looks like right now. It just doesn't look right to me. I was expecting a middle offset and it's a 1/3 offset. That's the first issue. The contractor told me they like to do the 1/3 offset with this size because of the lippage (?). Not sure I quite understand what that is. I've seen LOTS of shower's with the middle offset but now I"m reading how it's not recommended. I don't know what to do and I have halted all work on the shower. Also, the sales person told me my niche would be 16x22". So I planned my ENTIRE shower around the mosaic tiles for the niche. Turns out the niche was 16x22" but not USABLE space. The USABLE space is 10x12". So now the mosaic design is being severely altered and won't look right.

ANYWAY, I'm looking for comments on the tile layout that is in the picture. Does this look right to you (1st pic)? And can it be laid centered instead-what would the issues be (2nd pic is what I was expecting)? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Comments (18)