SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
biwa45

Problems with Windows 10 Narrator

biwa45
5 years ago

At 80, and with congenitally twisted optic nerves as well as glaucoma, my husband's eyesight is failing faster and faster and using his eyes hurts. Online research has always been one of his greatest pleasures, so I am trying to figure out how to get Narrator to read entire Web pages--that is, we want it to read the title of a page and then the main part of any article. In spite of spending hours on this, all I have been able to get Narrator to do is to read Word docs (That was easy.). On the Web, however, it simply repeats the title over and over, sometimes along with useless info like "Windows help. Mozilla Firefox."

I am appealing here in desperation. I suppose that when the worst happens, some society for the blind will help him, but meanwhile, it would take away some of his worries if he could listen to Web sites with minimal use of his eyes.

Sorry if this turns out to be a repeat post. After clicking on "Next" and finding no other areas than Computer help connected to this problem, instead of finding my question posted, I was returned to the message box, and then I lost it completely while searching for a way to post.

Comment