SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adparker53

Help me finish formal living and dining rooms (on a budget)

adparker53
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello!

Ive avoided finishing these rooms for almost a year..but my husband volunteered us to host thanksgiving this year, so i need to get moving!

The living room currently only has a chaise , 2 wingback chairs and chess table that were gifted by the in-laws when they downsized recently. I dont love the chaise fabric at all, but cant afford to reupholster them at this time, becasue i just had the two wingback chairs reupholstered. Somehow they were a worse fabric to start with! The positive on the fabric of the chaise is that the colors flow with pretty much everything on the main floor of our house.

I am looking for rugs, curtains and decor for both rooms to tie them together and bring in some color and interest. (the current rug and curtains in dining were meant to be temporary, leftover from old house and dont work here). Rugs need to be kept at a lower price point because of dogs and children. I've added photos of two potential rugs that may work.

Open to new lighting ideas and paint colors, but these two things are not likely to happen before thanksgiving. current paint color is SW worldy gray (in the entire house).

Any and all advice is welcome here, thanks!

^chaise fabric

^wingback fabric

Comments (13)