SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gardengems

No Longer Crested. King Ives Overgrown. Now Just a Fred. A Beheading?

gardengems
5 years ago

Hello,

My Cristata 'Crested' Graptoveria has grown three normal, rounded, stems from the flat crest. I know Cristata to very variable. I know this particular Graptoveria to be variable. I am thinking of cutting those three stems off at the crest in hope that grows from that continue to be crested. The problems is I end up with four Fred Ives. There are enough him in the world. Our local Cactus & Succulents had their fall plant sales. Most members were trying to flog him. Most had very little luck. I found one, not mine, when I got home. When I notified the neighbour, she said to me, "Finders Keepers". Oh Fred (sigh) what to do with you?

Place your bets, will he give me crest? If not, I will splice him down the middle and then divide those pieces in half, maybe one of them work out. Or maybe I will end up with even more of that bastard. He started as one with three crested stems. The other two are still crested.

No Longer Crested. King Ives Overgrown. Now Just a Fred. A Beheading May Help? · More Info

No Longer Crested. King Ives Overgrown. Now Just a Fred. A Beheading May Help? · More Info

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus