SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krisbry

Master bathroom tiles - Help me Gardenweb/Houzzers!

Kristin S
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We chose this tile for our master bathroom, planning to use the large format field tile for the floor and walls and the mosaic for the shower floor.

https://www.unitedtile.com/products/HOME/PRODUCTS/PRODUCTS-MANUFACTURER/VALLELUNGA/VALLELUNGA-CALACATTA.aspx

Then we got a sample tile, however, and discovered it's quite slick when wet. While the mosaic should be fine for the shower, we want something less slippery for the main floors. Mosaic everywhere would likely be too busy and involve too many grout lines to be cleaned.

I've been looking for an alternative floor tile, and I've officially made myself crazy. I'm going in to the tile showroom again tomorrow, but I also wanted to see if anyone here had suggestions. Other tiles that might work? Change to a different calacatta look porcelain? Something else entirely.

To complicate things, we had planned to use the same tile for guest bathroom, as we like it better than any of our other alternatives. This could change, though.

Our vanities will be a mix of light white oak and white, counters Caesarstone Organic White, and faucets etc. will be polished nickel. We're generally trying to keep everything pretty streamlined without being boring/stark, hence the original choice to use the calacatta porcelain everywhere.

Help!

Comments (22)