SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artemis_ma

A Couple or So of Master Bath Decor Questions

artemis_ma
5 years ago

Welcome to my bathroom!

I'm absolutely lovin' it... Roll-in shower, walls are painted SW Garden Sage, ceiling is SW Canvas Tan (the entire bedroom suite is the same). Log walls on the exterior. Rugs are a very light cream.

Thing is, I found these decorative tiles that I love (local artist, and I'm a hobby farmer), and I want to hang them on the logs.

I picked up plate wall hangers for them, but they don't quite fit around the depth of the tile. So, I'm scared to hang them. They're green with brown overtones. (Or, is it undertones?) The wall and towels look grey here -- they are NOT.

Note that the hanger material doesn't quite fit.

Here's where I want to hang them - G for goat, P for pig. (The pig is just slightly larger than the goat.)

Yes, on the logs. I don't trust those adhesive style hooks to adhere with any trustworthiness to the uneven texture of log.

Question 1: Any suggestions for hanging these? Are there plate hangers with a wider grasp on the market out there? No, I do not want to leave them on the sink, I want to USE the sink to its fullest.

For the rest of my décor, I have ….

Question 2:

I'm thinking of a plant stand in front of the window. Ideas? It could be teak or a white structure.

Question 3: Art for over the toilet / over the teak bench? (I need to keep the bench there, as the other option is to get one of those rather ugly handicapped pull down bars so I can easily stand up from the throne... Yeah, TMI.) Would a chrome shelf over the toilet for extra towels be a good idea, and then artwork over the bench? (The cabinets hold towels and extra bath supplies.)

I would want something that can stand high humidity. I'm not interested in ocean art (no seashells) as I am inland but would not mind lake/river/stream themed art... not on paper or anything that would wrinkle with time in the humidity of a shower. I am not interested in decorating for a hunting lodge atmosphere, either. I'd consider other ideas. The tiles would not work here, and I am not repainting the walls.

The rest of the bathroom:

Comments (11)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County