SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mainegrammy

Where to find a Queen 4-poster I can tuck top sheet into?

mainegrammy
5 years ago

I've Googled my way around the universe and haven't found one yet!

We want to buy a wooden Queen-size bed with headboard and footboard, ideally a four-poster. We can't stand the "platform" style.

When you're making a bed, if you don't get the sheet under the mattress at the foot of the bed, at least a little, the sheet pulls out in the night. Not a good thing.

Now that mattresses and box springs are incredibly thick, we can't find a bed large enough to permit a hand to slide down the foot of the mattress, to tuck in the sheets. You'd have to be a large and very muscular person to lift the heavy mattress with one hand while scraping your other hand between the footboard and mattress to slide the sheet under the mattress.

(I found a spatula-like tool that claims to make be-making easy, but you'd still have to pry open the foot of the bed with both hands while inserting the blade with an impossibly slender third hand--and the reviews are lousy.)

Can anyone suggest either specific search terms or a bedroom furniture store that would help me find the kind of bed we want? All I've come up with is lists of stores or sites that sell "beds" or "wooden beds" and so far not one of them has had a wooden Queen size be with headboard and footboard that is generously proportioned to permit one to tuck the sheets in at the foot.

Comments (6)