SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zouye

Closet size and doors dilemma

zouye
5 years ago
Hi everyone,

I am planning our new house and really could use your help on closet size for my daughter’s room.

My daughters room has a little alcove on the side of her room - perfect for closet. The alcove is 4’6” deep and 8’ wide. Standard depth of the closet is 24” to 28” (per my google search). However, since I have all this space I was thinking of doing a 3’ deep closet, this way when she has all the extra space. Does anyone have this kind of closet? Do you like it? Is 3’ deep enough or do you wish it was deeper?

Also, how big should the door opening for closet be? On the original plans it is 2x24” but I find it too narrow. Per google it’s 6’ - total opening. Would I need to put bifold doors if I decide to put 2x 30”or 2x 36” doors? I think given her room design I can get away with the full door and put a mirror on inside of one door and hooks for her favourite outfits/jewelry/accessories on another.

Our current house only has sliding doors (2x24) and I loathe them but we need that given the size of the room.

Here is a picture of the bedroom plan as well as some inspirations for the closet.

Comments (4)