SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sldurante

HELP! Flooring dilemma - don't want to rush the decision. Need advice

Sandra Durante
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

My kitchen was renovated. New wood laid to match the rest of the first floor. Flooring person did a lousy job with the finishing. After doing a lot of research and having many different flooring people come out to offer their opinions, the best way to fix the issue would be to refinish the entire first floor. Here's my dilemma. I don't want to spend all the money to do the first floor and keep the same color. The issue is I can't really decide right now what that new color would be for this reason- my kitchen is white. It is rather open to a smaller family room that has dark wood built ins. Now that the kitchen is close to done, we are starting to think those built ins in the neighboring family room might need to change in color. Go lighter. I need to bring in a designer to help me figure that out. Depending on what they end up to be, would really determine what new floor color I would choose. So it's a snowball effect. One decision affects the next. Here's the reason I feel rushed to make this decision -- cabinet people want to finish. They want to install the toe kicks. I can't make a decision on the builts and new floor color in just a few days. I haven't even called a designer yet. Would it be a mistake to just let the cabinet people install the toe kicks? Will they get ruined if I finish the floor down the line? It might take me a few months to figure it out all and I doubt the cabinet people want to wait on me. Thoughts ? Suggestions?

Comments (14)