SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shopperpicky

Does anyone have this crazy problem with your leather furniture?

amicus
5 years ago

Do any of you with leather furniture, have any problem sitting upright on it? O.K. I know that question makes me sound nuts, but I'm being serious. We've always had fabric upholstered furniture. But we decided to go with leather, and I love it, especially since our dog's fur doesn't cling to it.

But If I'm sitting in our leather chair with my feet on the floor, my behind starts slowly sliding forward, and my head sinks lower down the back of the chair. It makes it hard to do my crossword puzzles when my lap has disappeared, lol. If I'm just watching t.v., sitting at one end of the sofa, with legs on the sofa, I slowly start sliding away from the sofa arm that my back was against, as if I was intending to lie flat down on the sofa. I then have to push myself back and up against the sofa arm again.

Putting a throw pillow behind my back does nothing. It stays put, while my body shimmies away from it. This happens no matter what fabric I'm wearing. A friend joked that I need to sit on one of those rubber mesh things that hold area rugs in place, lol. I'm laughing as I write this, but it actually is pretty annoying to have to constantly push myself upright again, every several minutes. BTW, DD liked our leather furniture so much, she got some, but a different manufacturer. I have the same problem on hers, so it's not just a fluky thing with my own set. Do any of you experience this?

Comments (25)