SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eh_va

Need help asap!! Regretting paint choices :(

Eh Va
5 years ago

We are renovating a house we bought and after careful deliberation, I choose to paint the walls in BM Simply White (eggshell finish) and the trim and doors in BM Chantilly Lace (semi glOSS finish). The ceiling is BM Simply White as well in a flat finish. Originally I wanted to do the trim and doors in Simply White as well, but on the advice of various people (our contractor, our designer, various friends who've done renos before etc.) I decided on the Chantilly Lace as most people said the contrast would look better than having everything in the same shade of white. The paint and trim are finished on the top floor now and the Chantilly Lace (which is a cooler, brighter white) makes the Simply White (a neutral/slightly warm white) look a bit yellow/beige. It's not as noticeable in the daylight but it's definitely noticeable with lights on in the evening. And as much as I like both colors on their own, I don't love them together :( However, repainting either the walls or the trim to have the same color throughout would be a fairly big undertaking at this point and add additional costs. We are supposed to move in at the end of the month. So I'm trying to decide if I will be able to learn to live with it, especially once the furniture is in and there are things hanging on the walls, or if I will still be unhappy with it and wish I'd repainted it now while it's a hassle but still relatively easy to do as we're not living there yet.
What would you do? Any advice or insight you have would be wonderful as I'm really stressing out about this :(

Comments (5)