SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janetfraser

Help with exterior window renovation.

Janet Fraser
5 years ago

I am struggling with the choice of window and trim colour for my home. I have a lot of windows so don't want to make a mistake. I am also changing soffits and eaves etc.

I want to change the look of the house making it more MODERN FARMHOUSE style. I want to get rid of gingerbread trim and "beef up the front porch"

I am committing already to definitely changing the shape of the 2 very large palladium (half moon windows) in the front of the house. I am going to square them off and reduce the size slightly making the half moon shape more of a transom style.

I recently added a few structures in the backyard that I love and they are a dulled down black and trim etc is the same colour as the siding of the main house. Want to tie it all in together somehow.

I included pictures of front, back and side of house. The side is our main driveway so it gets a lot of attention.

I can stick with white windows and trim but seriously contemplating dark windows. Yes or No? If so what colour would trim . SDL'S there are so many styles to chose from?

I belive a will have to re-side the peaks of the house where I am changing the window shape and was thinking HARDY BOARD shingle style and paint same colour of siding?

Please offer advice or suggestions. Would love to hear them.

HOUSE FRONT

HOUSE BACK

SIDE

NEW POOL SHED

NEW POOL CABANA. Roof not installed yet. Those are sliding barn black glass doors on either side.

MORE BACK OF HOUSE PICS

Comments (14)