SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
justin_scaparo

need help with recessed light layout

Justin Scaparo
5 years ago
Looking to update our house. Currently only has limited light fixtures and a lot of switches going to outlets. Looking for help on placement of recessed lighting, that will transition 3 “rooms” to each other.

When you walk in from the garage, the room with the fireplace. Has a faux dropped soffit. I need some help planning recessed lights in this room. As the faux soffit is about 14” lower than the ceiling (8’). I plan to wire a 4 way switch to be able to switch/co trip from the garage door entry, patio entry and hallway entry.

This faux soffit transition into an area I plan to build a breakfast nook bench. The breakfast nook area currently a drop lamp, that hangs in that area. I’d like to put recessed lighting there also to open up the area. Will probably wire a 3 way switch on the wall closest to the kitchen and bench.

Which then transition into the kitchen. I’d like to replace the center light with some recessed lights, and a track light above the sink. And keep the switch in the current place but add a 3 way to the same wall as the breakfast nook switch.

On the other side of the house, it is easy to place/ plan the recessed light in the tv room.

As you can see we have a dark house, and planning to light it up with dimmable LED can lights.

Comment (1)