SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mollyb02

Help! Q re: 2 tone kitchen colors + hardware

Molly M
5 years ago

The cabinets in our 2 tone kitchen have just been painted, and I love the colors (!) but discovered that the fridge section was painted blue rather than white as I had planned. We can change it to white, but I'm finding that I like the blue look too, and was hoping that you fine folks can help me decide??

A few other data points:

• This picture is taken from the dining area (part of the kitchen). The family room is behind me, the living room is to the right of the picture, the mudroom is behind the kitchen (where you see someone standing)
  • The fridge and range will be stainless steel; the hood will be painted the same white as the uppers
  • Part of what drew me to a 2 tone kitchen in the first place is the light and airy quality of having the uppers be white. So I would be giving this up a bit with the blue fridge area
  • At the same time, the fridge area will likely be a high traffic zone (we have a mudroom just behind it) and so perhaps white would get dingy anyway?
  • I was tentatively planning polished nickel hardware for the white cabinets and black hardware for the blue cabinets; I don't think that works as well if the fridge area is blue. (I was also considering polished nickel hardware everywhere). The faucet will be polished nickel

Finally, if you were to stick with the blue, what hardware would you do?

Thank you for your input!!

Comments (39)