Avenatti has something on Kavanaugh

An (PNW 6b)

I posted in another Kavanaugh thread earlier about Ronan Farrow and a possible New Yorker article. Avenatti just tweeted this a few minutes ago. I’ll preface again by saying I don’t know what this will amount to. But it’s interesting.

SaveComment185Like8
Comments (185)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
An (PNW 6b)

I just finished reading that article, Cindy. This confirmation process is getting infinitely more complicated by the day.

4 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Dude is going to need to find more calendars.

10 Likes Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
leona_2008

He has added, "My client is not Deborah Ramirez."

2 Likes Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
An (PNW 6b)

I noticed in the Farrow article that Ramirez has a different lawyer. I’m assuming that means more is in the way.

Save    
j4c_11

Funny. The left's new hero is a pron lawyer.

Save    
An (PNW 6b)

J4, pron lawyers aren’t my heroes, they’re too crabby.

2 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

The right's hero is a pron moron.

An (PNW 6b)

As if Kavanaugh putting his penis uninvited in this woman’s face wasn’t bad enough, we have this little excerpt about his close friend Mark Judge:

After seeing Judge’s denial, Elizabeth Rasor, who met Judge at Catholic University and was in a relationship with him for about three years, said that she felt morally obligated to challenge his account that “ ‘no horseplay’ took place at Georgetown Prep with women.” Rasor stressed that “under normal circumstances, I wouldn’t reveal information that was told in confidence,” but, she said, “I can’t stand by and watch him lie.” In an interview with The New Yorker, she said, “Mark told me a very different story.” Rasor recalled that Judge had told her ashamedly of an incident that involved him and other boys taking turns having sex with a drunk woman. Rasor said that Judge seemed to regard it as fully consensual. She said that Judge did not name others involved in the incident, and she has no knowledge that Kavanaugh participated. But Rasor was disturbed by the story and noted that it undercut Judge’s protestations about the sexual innocence of Georgetown Prep. (Barbara Van Gelder, an attorney for Judge, said that he “categorically denies” the account related by Rasor. Van Gelder said that Judge had no further comment.)

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

1 Like Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
CindyMac(8b)

If this is true:

"Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote."

3 Likes Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
An (PNW 6b)

Nothing like a little gang-rape at Georgetown Prep.

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Trump: I wasted 2 days showing restraint.

Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
leona_2008

Gang rape?

An (PNW 6b)

Judge’s ex-girlfriend stated that he told her that while at Georgetown Prep he and a group of boys took turns having sex with a drunk woman.

ETA: Kavanaugh isn’t implied to have been involved. Just some background on what Kavanaugh’s friends were doing while at Georgetown Prep. And Judge does not seem the most credible character witness at this point.

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Funny, as soon as Republicans found out there was yet another woman, they tried to speed up the confirmation process.

21 Likes Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
ann_t

From the New Yorker article.

Interesting how he "qualified" his response. "As a legal adult".

"By his freshman year, Kavanaugh was eighteen, and legally an adult. During his confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Kavanaugh swore under oath that as a legal adult he had never “committed any verbal or physical harassment or assault of a sexual nature.”

3 Likes Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
An (PNW 6b)

The Senate Judiciary GOP trying to speed up the confirmation is pretty freaking awful behavior on their part. That should really be the story here. (Meaning no disrespect to survivors of sexual assault)

17 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Avenatti has shared an email exchange from a few hours ago with some Judiciary staff person

My e-mail of moments ago with Mike Davis, Chief Counsel for Nominations for U.S. Senate Committee on the Judiciary. We demand that this process be thorough, open and fair, which is what the American public deserves. It must not be rushed and evidence/witnesses must not be hidden. https://t.co/11XLZJBTtY

(Follow the link to twitter)

Avenatti claims gang rapes occurrer @ parties attended by Kavanaugh.

THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

"We are aware of significant evidence of multiple house parties in the DC area during the early 1980s during which Brett Kavanaugh, Mark Judge, & others participate[d] in the targeting of women with alcohol/drugs in order to allow a 'train' of men to subsequently gang xxpe them."

"There are multiple witnesses that will corroborate these facts and each of them must be called to testify publicly."

This is so far beyond the pale...
for any human being, let alone the SCOTUS.

8 Likes Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
An (PNW 6b)

Ziemia, I just saw that. Holy cow. All I can say is holy cow.

2 Likes Save    
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

I'm sick just reading of the allegations.

Any of the guys in the 'train' using cond0ms?

maifleur01

Nancy I did wonder about that and know that they probably did not. AIDS was starting to be more prevalent in the wider community. I remember seeing a group of young people gathering about that time talking about one of the young men that was in the group being diagnosed. I wondered about the young women that he had infected.

1 Like Save     Thanked by An (PNW 6b)
CindyMac(8b)

6 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

This guy should not be coaching girls basketball.

6 Likes Save    
judeNY_gw

He should not be ruling on women's rights.

He already determined they have none.

13 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Funny, all that sanctimony about "life" was really about having power over women. Who would ever have guessed?

7 Likes Save    
azmom

May be for the Party-of-Treason/Bathroom & Bedroom , the 2nd accusation is an additional badge of honor showing that Kavanaugh is perfectly qualified to fit in..... after all their ringleader has been accused by 19 women as well as sued for rape by his first wife and 13 years old.

6 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

1. The GOP thinks they may lose the Senate in 45 days.
2. Controlling U.S. culture via the courts is the GOP's top goal.
3. Big GOP donors have no problem with a r@pist on the court.
4. Trump and the GOP will do things that *shock the conscience* to "win" here.

FURTHER:
5. There's no time for the GOP to push another judge through pre-midterms.
6. Getting a moderate-to-conservative judge past a Democratic Senate won't cut it with GOP donors.
7. GOP pols are being threatened by donors and Trump to confirm Kavanaugh—no matter what he did.

-Seth A

6 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Not a single allegation against this man his entire life. The moment the confirmation hearings were over and it was known that he would have the votes to be confirmed then suddenly allegations that can never be confirmed are brought out in order to destroy this man. And you are just gleeful. Do you think his daughters watch tv? His wife? His mother and dad? It's destroy at any cost. Win the game. Like a pack of hyena's going in for the kill.

4 Likes Save    
Eliana

This disgusting man shouldn't be a judge in traffic court, let alone the SC! He was nominated by a fellow abuser. That should have been the first warning! Enough already!!

6 Likes Save    
maifleur01

There may have been allegations about him but most allegations are never made public.

5 Likes Save    
Eliana

Get a grip mrs! All criminals have family. That does not give any of them a free pass!

6 Likes Save    
An (PNW 6b)

Mrskjun, if he didn’t want his family to be put through this he shouldn’t have accepted the nomination. But more than that, just maybe he shouldn’t have committed crimes against women. Perhaps instead of worrying about his family you can spare a moment to think of his victims.

12 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Funny, not a thought for the death threats against the families of his victims.

7 Likes Save    
nopartyghost

Kjun: your concern for his family is puzzling given your lack of concern for the families of all others.

8 Likes Save    
Eliana

No she can't An. All they care about is tRump's wishes.

2 Likes Save    
ann_t

Mrsk how low will you go? Is there a limit to how low you will set the bar?

4 Likes Save    
Kathy

There are other allegations against a Kavanaugh other than the sex allegations. He should resign for the good of the country and his family. He has not been a paragon of virtue.

6 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Mrs, did you miss this?

2 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

The sex-related allegations are lurid.

Those about using illegally obtained information while working in Bush's WH while not lurid are of major concern.

He seems to operate with an assumption that some men are above the law.

13 Likes Save    
azmom

So those Senate Republicans tried to sit on and cover up the accusations and push through the confirmation, in spite of the two accusers asked for FBI investigation.

Think about this - while the whole nation is questioning why the mental impaired did not issue a FBI investigation as Dr. Ford requested, while the GOP RWs blamed Senate Dianne Feinstein for delaying the case, unbeknown to Americans, GOP actually has another victim's explicit request for FBI investigation in their dirty hands.

Hopefully there are security team assigned to protect both accusers and their families.

4 Likes Save    
blfenton

It's destroy at any cost. Win the game. Like a pack of hyena's going in for the kill. - mrskjun

This is the republicans play book of recent.

6 Likes Save    
Linda(8)

OMG, the FBI must have been corrupted to ensure they'd purposely cover up in their regular background report for this big-time serial rapist! I'll bet we'll be inundated with more victims soon. So amazing that he was never prosecuted for his crimes! I feel very bad for every female he victimized.

Save    
kacee2002

Well mrs maybe his wife should have picked a better man

maybe his parents should have raised him better

maybe he shouldn’t be such a pig

7 Likes Save    
lily316

MrsK's idol is a rapist of a 13-year-old and his first wife as well as a sexual abuser against 19 known women. So what would you expect? She has sympathy for the wife and parents, none for the victim(s).

Curious how this info was out there and the committee wanted to hurry things up to cover up. You can impeach a sitting justice if they have the balls to confirm him. Wait for the blue wave.

3 Likes Save    
maifleur01

It is not known if the FBI's reports show prior problems of this nature. They may but the committee has the power to simply have them disappear. The FBI would not in normal circumstances release a report without the permission of the committee. To do so could prevent future requests for information and put the current ones under suspicion of being fake. Reports concerning appointees are always gathered.

1 Like Save    
hericles

Grassley and Lindsey Graham insist that a female attorney that they hire will interrogate Dr. Ford.

Who will ask Kavanaugh questions? The same attorney? The same attorney for both sides??

Will Democratic Senators be allowed to ask Kavanaugh questions or can they also choose to engage outside counsel (like Avenatti) ?

And Grassley is not going to subpoenaed Mark Judge to testify ?:

I guess these tRump ace kissers will do anything for him including conducting a rigged show trial to clear him before a vote.

2 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

Not a single allegation against this man his entire life. The moment the
confirmation hearings were over and it was known that he would have the
votes to be confirmed then suddenly allegations that can never be
confirmed are brought out in order to destroy this man. And you are just
gleeful. Do you think his daughters watch tv? His wife? His mother and
dad?

Cry me a river. Were you gleeful about Bill Cosby? No, just utterly disgusted as you should be in this situation. 2/3 of sexual assault victims don't report the crime. YOU are the reason why.

13 Likes Save    
momj47(7A)

I wonder if Justice Kennedy knew Judge Kavanaugh was an ugly, mean drunk?

3 Likes Save    
mrskjun(9)

Wow lily, and your idols are a rapist and a murderer, and the woman who went to war with the women who accused her husband?

Out of every democratic senator who has grabbed a microphone and a camera to swear their belief in this story, not one has ever spoken a word to this woman. But they, and you know it's the truth. And this is all the evidence you require to deem him guilty.

Save    
purrmich _6

Kav's relationship with Judge makes him a sketchy candidate. Kav's quips about "what happens at Georgetown stays at Georgetown" when speaking to a goper audience that grinned and laughed, make him a sketchy candidate.

His being on trump's list this year but not on two prior lists makes him a sketchy candidate.

4 Likes Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

They honestly can't find another candidate? They gotta keep going with this one?

1 Like Save    
Miz_G

^^^^ It’s all to protect Trump from the investigations. That’s the only reason for Kavanaugh, the back scratcher.

13 Likes Save    
chase_gw

It is not unusual for additional accusers to come forward after one does...that happens all the time. The thing that is worrisome to me is the degree to which alcohol was involved and the impact that had on the memory of all involved, including Kavanaugh.

Judge is a bad actor of that I am certain. Kavanaugh choose to hang out with him. That sets up red fieldi for me.

There is no way to get to the truth , or an informed opinion, on this matter without an investigation. I am confident the FBI could come to an unbiased conclusion and provide information to the Committee that would allow them to come to an informed decision. I really don't see how the confirmations can proceed without that.

As far as the politics go.....would be no different if the shoe was on the other foot. Such righteous indignation when it's the other side. It all stinks

Save    
jillinnj

Funny, not a thought for the death threats against the families of his victims.

Isn't it? When death threats are made against a Republican there is post after manic post about it. But death threats against someone they don't agree with? No biggie. They should have kept their mouths shut.

4 Likes Save    
chloe203

They need a crooked judge to give the donors what they want and what the people involved in their holy war want.

And trump needs a get out of jail free card. This guy is nothing but a political hack.

5 Likes Save    
jillinnj

As far as the politics go.....would be no different if the shoe was on the other foot. Such righteous indignation when it's the other side. It all stinks

I disagree (or maybe I misunderstand you).

Speaking for myself, if this were someone nominated by a Democrat, I would be saying the same thing. Absolutely no difference at all. And I'm very confident that most of the non-cult, non Trump supporting, left leaning folks here would do the same.

1 Like Save    
chase_gw

Jill I probably didn't express myself well. I' m talking about the tactics being used by the politicians not by individuals.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

I bet there are many non-cult45 conservatives who are also indignant about nominating a s3xual predator to the SCOTUS.

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

8 Likes Save    
jillinnj

The moment the confirmation hearings were over and it was known that he would have the votes to be confirmed then suddenly allegations that can never be confirmed are brought out in order to destroy this man.

First, not true. Dr. Ford sent her letter when his name became known. You have no idea if the allegations can be confirmed or not. You just made that up because it sounded good.

Second, thank you for showing that you don't even care to find out if it's true. As long as your guy gets what he wants (a Judge who will protect him), you're good with it.

5 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Good point, Lena. I should have included them in my list.

Chase, perhaps you're right but I would hope that the majority of Democrats in Congress would not allow a potential sexual predator on the SCOTUS. And if they did, they'd get their butts kicked to the curb in the next election.

Save    
chase_gw

I dunno Jill, they confirmed Thomas and Biden wasn't exactly an altar but I how that was handled.

Save    
jlhug

Jill, neither is guilty or innocent until an independent third party has heard both sides and reviewed the evidence.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

I agree Jhug but that is unlikely to happen and both of them will have this over their head forever. Not having an FBI review is unfair to both .

I find it peculiar that the Republicans wouldn't want that cloud lifted and can't help but think it centres around Judge.

Save    
1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"When death threats are made against a Republican there is post after manic post about it. But death threats against someone they don't agree with? No biggie. They should have kept their mouths shut."

Death threats HAVE been made against Kavanaugh and his family.

Your claim of "post after manic post" doesn't hold up.

Save    
lilacinjust

It's faulty logic to say that a woman is a liar if she can't prove her claims.

In America, there is a standard of proof, and the BURDEN OF PROOF is on the accuser, not the accused.

It's like Democrats and their 'resistance' want to shred our entire Constitution and judicial system.

Due process is in serious peril.

I hope they remember that when one of theirs is accused.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

It’s not a trial.

1 Like Save    
An (PNW 6b)

Lilacinjust, this isn’t about criminal proceedings. These are hearings to establish the character of a potential Supreme Court Justice. Character. Character!

Save    
mayflowers

I hope they remember that when one of theirs is accused.

LOL! Too late, mimi. The GOP wrote this playbook.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

It's a job interview for a position as top jurist in the US.

Due Process???

Here’s Merrick Garland’s due process:

Being blocked for 310 days without a hearing because Congressional republicans didn’t want to give Barack Obama his right to choose a SC Justice.

The 69 million Americans who voted for Pres. Obama (twice) silenced—w/o DUE PROCESS.

10 Likes Save    
margievank

may- can you show me the case that the GOP accused a SC nominee of sexual assault? I am unaware of this.

Save    
Nothing Left to Say

Mimi, I call bs. Stop trying to import the criminal justice system into a job interview. If you truly respected the Constitution you wouldn’t abuse it so.

4 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Funny, only one party nominates sexual assaulters.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

An (PNW 6b)

Lilacinjust, this isn’t about criminal proceedings. These are hearings to establish the character of a potential Supreme Court Justice. Character. Character!

^^^^^^^

A plethora of information and testimony has been presented which shows Kavanaugh's good character.

Thus far, 2 allegations have named approx. 9 witnesses. ALL deny or have no idea about the alleged accusations.

My bet is that Avenatti has nothing but conjecture and speculation, and is trying to take Kavanaugh out using guilt by association.

Nothing will come of Avenatti's bloviating.

1 Like Save    
cattyles

Clarence Thomas. Wait....he’s a Repub pick, too.

2 Likes Save    
azmom

"It is not known if the FBI's reports show prior problems of this nature. They may but the committee has the power to simply have them disappear."

Good point, if they could ignore such a serious matter, and attack accusers, what else the Senator committee could not dismiss or cover up?

Probably MrsK and the ones "liked" her comments saw the reports before she posted her assertion" Not a single allegation against this man his entire life."

Save    
katrina_ellen

The left is like a dog on a bone, allegations are automatic proof of guilt. Its like a public lynching without the white robes.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Funny, some people deny how evidence works.
"There are multiple witnesses that will corroborate these facts....[and]
we will provide additional evidence relating to the above conduct both
to the Committee and to the American public in the coming days."

Save    
lilacinjust

Lena M

Funny, some people deny how evidence works.

^^^^^^^^

We'd like to actually see evidence ant THEN decide.

3 Likes Save    
Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

4/ I wonder if GOP voters realize that they can back away from
Kavanaugh—though you only have, like, a few minutes left to do it with
dignity—without any loss of face. It's not your fault Trump and GOP
politicians deliberately hid from you the results of their Kavanaugh
research.

5/ GOP politicians received detailed word of the Deborah Ramirez
allegation—a college allegation, with corroborating witnesses, of a
serious sexual assault—and not only hid it from GOP voters but publicly
renewed their calls for a quick vote. That's not *your* fault, GOP
voters.

2 Likes Save    
mr1010

McConnell warned the committee and tRump against Kavanaugh's reputation. He

obviously saw the FBI report where these alleged behaviors and assaults were

mentioned. I'm just waiting for an FBI leak saying they uncovered a lot of this prior

to the nomination. When mud starts getting slung around there's a lot to cover

the faces of the Republicans on the committee.

Save    
cattyles

Yeah, we’re like a dog with a bone, not wanting two “conservative” sexual predators on the SC.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

cattyles

Yeah, we’re like a dog with a bone, not wanting two “conservative” sexual predators on the SC.

^^^^^^^^^^

After having a Democratic liberal rapist and sexual predator in the Oval for 8 years.

That's rich.

Let's be real. What the Dems and liberals and leftists don't want is someone whom they believe *might* overturn Roe on the bench. This has zero to do with women and everything to do with ideological control of SCOTUS for the next couple generations.

Save    
Kathy

That’s all you got? Clinton who was impeached?

After having a Democratic liberal rapist and sexual predator in the Oval for 8 years.

Save    
katrina_ellen

lilac, that's exactly right - they don't want a conservative period. Waaaahhh!

Save    
cattyles

The right are the ones focused on Roe v Wade. Trump can choose a different anti-choicer.

And the right has a sexual predator in the WH.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

You are right, we don’t want a extreme conservative if possible, but most of all we don’t want a conservative with a flawed history of allegations of perjury, financial problems and a history that leaves him open to blackmail. There are other judges with impeccable credentials. And if there are no conservatives who are impeccable, there is always Merrick Garland who was robbed of his appointment by crooked McConnell.

4 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Kathy

That’s all you got? Clinton who was impeached?

^^^^^^

All I got? Rape is all I got? Is that your question?

Save    
Kathy

Exactly who are you referring to? if Clinton, he paid for whatever allegations the GOP accused him of doing, true or not. They are not holding Trump or any other Rep accountable for sexual indiscretions. BTW, rape was never proven against Clinton.

4 Likes Save    
Miz_G

Ironic.

15 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

Kathy, I know, there's always an excuse isn't there? Bill Clinton paid his dues is your defense. Admit the hypocrisy - its transparent, you are not fooling anyone.

2 Likes Save    
Kathy

Who is a hypocrite? Pot/Kettle. I thought Clinton did a good job as President. That does not mean I condoned his behavior. The Republicans are using Clinton as an excuse to excuse the behavior of numerous Republicans.

2 Likes Save    

I don't understand the constant deflection to Bill Clinton.

If one believes Clinton acted inappropriately / criminally, then Kavanaugh has done the same -- acted inappropriately and criminally.

9 Likes Save    
ann_t

5 Likes Save    
chloe203

you're right, I don't want another conservative on the court.

you stole the Merrick Garland seat and got your conservative.

Why is it that none of you people supporting Kavanaugh ever address the matter of the stolen
Merrick Garland seat.

Do you approve of the holding of a seat open for almost a year?????

4 Likes Save    
redsox_gw

The whole thing is all their references to Clinton exactly prove our point. Kavanaugh, Lindsey Graham and all of he republicans I know b@tched endlessly about Clinton and his consensual stain, lack of family values blah blah blah. S

So to elect someone who bragged about walking in on underage girls dressing, sexualizing a 10 year old girl, supports pedophiles only proves the giant hypocrites they are. There are no family values in the republican party, in fact, there are no values at all. Except love of money.

5 Likes Save    
ann_t

They are sheep. They don't think. They just follow.

3 Likes Save    
chase_gw

"We'd like to actually see evidence ant THEN decide."

If that were true you would be supportive of the FBI reopening the background check.

6 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

PUKE: Prevention, Understanding, Knowledge and Education

3 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Everyone should be believed at first until they are disbelieved based on evidence.

1 Like Save    
margievank

Believe me, I would post many many questions.

Save    
margievank

PUKE: Pitiful, Useless, Kooky, Evil.

2 Likes Save    
chase_gw

Can't get evidence without an investigation and only one person can make that happen.

2 Likes Save    
Eliana

Stay with the memes dear. They make more sense.

1 Like Save    
katrina_ellen

Just wow, talk about communication skills Eliana, is name calling one of yours?

3 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Margie's memes have more substance than most posts I read here.

3 Likes Save    
margievank

I meme, I picture, I quote, I gif, I comment, I multi task;)

2 Likes Save    
margievank

lilacinjust

Margie's memes have more substance than most posts I read here.

LOL lilac- that is scary isn't it?

Save    
Kathy

Prince had them too. Manic Mondays

7 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Clinton was elected --- NOT given a lifetime job overseeing all the laws.

Clinton WAS impeached and nothing stuck, in spite of Ken Starr working on it for many, many years. (Kavanaugh was part of that team at some point.)

Kavanaugh is the best one on that list of potentials? (There's a reason he wasn't on that list before last year --- maybe we know the reason now.)

11 Likes Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Thanks for The Bangles share.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

NOW the full story or impeachment over a consensual affair comes out.

Brett Kavanaugh's hypocrisy is amazing, writes @helaineolen when you think of the scxually explicit questions he wanted Bill Clinton to answer about his involvement with Lewinsky.

1 Like Save    
josephene_gw

Everyone should be believed at first until they are disbelieved based on evidence.

Written by minipad.

Then why cant you believe the victims

why attach the victims?

1 Like Save    
judeNY_gw

For anyone actually interested, everything meaningful to be known about his character and integrity can be learned from listening to his acceptance speech after the POS in the White House announced him as a SC nominee.

Character 0. Integrity 0. Sycophant winner.

1 Like Save    
jillinnj

Jill, neither is guilty or innocent until an independent third party has heard both sides and reviewed the evidence.

Duh! Tell that to the Republicans (and T supporters here on HT) that don't want that independent investigation!

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Your claim of "post after manic post" doesn't hold up.

Wrong. Just because you missed (or ignored) the manic posts in the past (not about Kavanaugh), doesn't mean they didn't happen.

Save    
jillinnj

We'd like to actually see evidence ant THEN decide.

Then why is the GOP (and their supporters here) so against an investigation?

Logic 101

Save    
jillinnj

Let's be real. What the Dems and liberals and leftists don't want is someone whom they believe *might* overturn Roe on the bench. This has zero to do with women and everything to do with ideological control of SCOTUS for the next couple generations.

You call that "real"? I'm disappointed. I didn't think you'd actually fall for that silliness. As you well know, anyone on the list of candidates Trump used would not be in favor of Roe. Again, Logic 101.

Of course those in favor of Roe don't it overturned. A big duh.

It's just too bad you're willing to put a potential sex abuser on the highest court just to pi$$ off liberals and count a win.

3 Likes Save    
dandyfopp

If Kavanaugh is being smeared he should get his buddy Judge to vouch for him under oath and demand the FBI investigate all these faux allegations, clear his name and show that everyone suggesting he is super rapey is lying.

And that ain't ever going to happen.

3 Likes Save    
kacee2002

Exactly jill

there is so much wrong with this nomination than just the Drs (and now others) charges. how were those debts paid off? Where did the money come from? If you have done nothing wrong, are innocent then let the Dr speak and solve this whole mess.

Transparency

3 Likes Save    
Eliana

"It's just too bad you're willing to put a potential sex abuser on the highest court just to pi$$ off liberals and count a win."

That is all that matters to them! They have so very little to brag about these days they have to cling to their make-believe.

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

You call that "real"? I'm disappointed. I didn't think you'd actually fall for that silliness. As you well know, anyone on the list of candidates Trump used would not be in favor of Roe. Again, Logic 101.

Of course those in favor of Roe don't it overturned. A big duh.

It's just too bad you're willing to put a potential sex abuser on the highest court just to pi$$ off liberals and count a win.

^^^^^^

First of all, jill, thank you. I am thrilled that you acknowledge that the totalitarian Left's leftists would have mounted this smear campaign and character assassination on ANYONE who deign to think differently from YOU.

It's not only too bad, but super hypocritical (which is to say normative for you) to wish a rapist and sexual predator back into the WH with his wife, who slayed any bimbo that her husband laid his body parts on.

That's because people like you, jill, don't give 2 pink puddy hats about women. You want your ideology to be enforced, by any means necessary.

Women are nothing but a means to an end, a cudgel and an easy group to brainwash with your shouts of victimhood and subjugation.

Have your ordered your Handmaid's costume for Halloween yet?

Save    
lilacinjust

I call that real, jill, and despite your typical snarky and insincere response (I expect nothing else and of course you're not reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllly disappointed), the point to remember is that your Leftist comrades were going to attempt to character assassinate and destroy ANY SCOTUS pick who doesn't adhere to your radical leftist ideology.

Save    
ann_t

Wouldn't it be ironic if Judge brought down a Judge?

4 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

Logic 101 would inform anyone with coagulated brain cells that this whole dog and pony horror show is not about women at all. It's about enforcing the Left's ideology throughout the country and foisting Leftist behavior upon people who didn't vote for it on SCOTUS.

The notion that SCOTUS can't be tapped at any point in time, to issue Leftist fiats from the bench is so upsetting that they radicals are willing to destroy anyone and anything in their way.

I'm hoping they don't succeed.

2 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Coagulated brain cells?

LOLOL

6 Likes Save    
katrina_ellen

Someone on here is deleting posts - who may that be? I wouldn't doubt HT is pulled, too much trouble for Emily and crew. I don't know how its lasted this long.

1 Like Save    
rhoder551 zone 9b-10

Is coagulated the rw word of the day?

I still would like to know what a librul is...

Save    
lilacinjust

rhoder551 zone 9b-10

Is coagulated the rw word of the day?

I still would like to know what a librul is...

^^^^^^^^

Never played Mad Gabs?

Save    
dublinbay z6 (KS)

Anti-choicers shouldn't carry on so much about pro-choicers supporting pro-choice nominees for the high court.

The anti-choicers must have poor memories, indeed, if they don't remember how many times they opposed Democratic nominees they feared would be pro-choice and not adhere to their radical rightist ideology.

Kate

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

I doubt anyone with coagulated brain cells is alive???

co·ag·u·late

kōˈaɡyəˌlāt/

verb

past tense: coagulated; past participle: coagulated

1. (of a fluid, especially blood) change to a solid or semisolid state.

"blood had coagulated around the edges of the wound"

synonyms:congeal, clot, thicken, jell; More

• cause (a fluid) to change to a solid or semisolid state.

"epinephrine coagulates the blood"

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

The idea that this is what would happen with any nominee is patently false. Gorsuch.

1 Like Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

You keep using that word.
I do not think it means what you think it means.

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

Mimi, I think you might be the one who should practice using a dictionary.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

Wow, that flag happened fast! Not enough 'imagination" I guess!

Save    
lilacinjust

If someone uses a word, why assume they need anyone to post a definition the word?

Seems odd.

No imagination, I guess.

Save    
purrmich _6

it's already been said repeatedly - but if you're overly familiar with what it's like to have a thick brain, you probably didn't get it.

trump chose kav because kav would stick up for trump. Thus, one of the checks and balances so vital to our democracy would go out the window. I don't want to live in a totalitarian society. It is unpatriotic to hope for total control of all three branches.

I don't believe overturning abortion rights is as probable as the court siding with trump in an extremely inappropriate and partisan way.

3 Likes Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Inconceivable!

1 Like Save    

Only "radical leftists" oppose sexual predators?

News to me!

1 Like Save    
Nothing Left to Say

If someone uses a word, why assume they need anyone to post a definition the word?

When a person uses a word incorrectly, it seems likely that they don’t know the definition.

3 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

When someone doesn't get humor, no dictionary can help.

What's the matter? Avenatti not coming through for you today?

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

Avenatti is the new Gloria Allred.

Without the credibility.

1 Like Save    
Miz_G

Mitch is quite the hypocrite.

His “proudest moment” ....

https://mobile.twitter.com/DeanObeidallah/status/1044291134594469888/video/1

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Anti-choicers shouldn't carry on so much about pro-choicers supporting pro-choice nominees for the high court.

The anti-choicers must have poor memories, indeed, if they don't remember how many times they opposed Democratic nominees they feared would be pro-choice and not adhere to their radical rightist ideology.

Ah, but you forget their golden rule -- OK when they do it; not OK when others do it.

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

despite your typical snarky and insincere response (I expect nothing else and of course you're not reeeeeeeeeeeeeeallllly disappointed)

Actually, I was disappointed. I thought you too smart to be fooled by such illogical ramblings. No worries, I won't make that mistake again.

When you get a chance, could you let me know how it is you know what others are thinking all the time? Cause, like that would be a really cool trick to know about! (yes, that was snarky! See, being honest is easy and doesn't even hurt).

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

The flailing is hard to watch, but I can't look away.

Avenatti should keep his powder dry until he's ready to serve up some facts, because his lickspittles hang on his every utterance like it actually has meaning.

Well, perhaps they like being teased.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Kavanaugh tonight on Fox. A softball interview where she stands by her man & he proclaims his innocence.

1 Like Save    
sunflower_petal(5a)

Interview tonight? Spoon feeding the base, I guess. Maybe they could pull out a polygraph.

1 Like Save    
alexrander

"Logic 101 would inform anyone with coagulated brain cells that this whole dog and pony horror show is not about women at all. "

That's quite a sentence that 'lilacinjust' wrote. Logic would be a waste of time with the coagulated brain cells of certain Trump supporters, that's for sure.

3 Likes Save    
Eliana

It may have been a Freudian slip, but it most likely is just an attempt at sounding clever that backfired and showed comprehension difficulties.

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

sunflower_petal

Interview tonight? Spoon feeding the base, I guess. Maybe they could pull out a polygraph.

^^^^^^

It would be as pathetic as Ford taking one 2 months ago, when she and her team were planning their attack.

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

The flailing is hard to watch, but I can't look away.

Avenatti should keep his powder dry until he's ready to serve up some facts, because his lickspittles hang on his every utterance like it actually has meaning.

If he actually ends up producing something (and who knows if he will), you'll come back and withdraw everything you said, right?

Save    
lilacinjust

It's like watching a watermelon try to whistle.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

If by withdraw you mean delete ... count on it.

1 Like Save    
adoptedbyhounds

"Then why cant you believe the victims."

Ever hear of Tawana Brawley? The Duke Lacrosse Team? Jackie at UVA?

What did you learn from those high profile cases?

Here's what middle America learned:

Just because a female claims to be a victim doesn't mean she is one. All three high profile accusers were lying.

I will wait for the accuser and the accused to speak.

2 Likes Save    
Nothing Left to Say

I’m waiting for a real investigation. By the FBI. The ones trained in investigating.

3 Likes Save    
CindyMac(8b)

2 Likes Save    
lilacinjust

If he actually ends up producing something (and who knows if he will), you'll come back and withdraw everything you said, right?

^^^^^^^^

Right after you post something original, not motivated by personal animus and germane to the topic.

Say, why don't you take the time and put forth the effort to start a thread with something you have never said before?

2 Likes Save    
jillinnj

Right after you post something original, not motivated by personal animus and germane to the topic.

I'll take that as a "no"

You won't have the integrity to retract your statements.

---

Say, why don't you take the time and put forth the effort to start a thread with something you have never said before?

Say, why don't you practice what you preach when Emily is on a thread?

Save    
lilacinjust

What does Emily have to do with any of this?

Thanks for perfectly illustrating my point.

Rent free, baby!

1 Like Save    
lilacinjust

And yet, Avenatti’s late appearance in this heated confirmation fight has some in the party fearful that he will end up doing more harm than good—in particular, giving Republicans the ammunition they would need condemn and dismiss the allegations against Kavanaugh as a political hit job.

“Mr. Avenatti has a tendency to sensationalize and make his various crusades more about himself then about getting at the truth,” said a senior Senate Democratic aide. “This moment calls for the exact opposite.”

Democratic senators stopped short of criticizing Avenatti, but appeared to be low on patience with his tactic of dribbling out information before a dramatic big reveal, fearful that it undermined the seriousness of the issue of sexual assault.

“If Michael Avenatti has any evidence, he should come forward promptly. If he has a client who has relevant information, I welcome hearing from him,” Sen. Chris Coons (D-DE), a member of the judiciary committee, said in an interview. “If there are additional allegations to come forward, this would absolutely be the time because I don’t see us pursuing this matter much more than the next week or two at most.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-to-avenatti-youre-not-helping-in-the-kavanaugh-fight

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

1. Where were the attempts to slander Gorsuch? What were the ones that became a part of the public debate?

2. Some folks (colleagues in college?) are starting to back track from their support of Kavanaugh. This means good things for Kavanaugh?

3. We need to have the entire claims considered. That is the way to clear Kavanaugh, if he is deserving of it.

1 Like Save    
Kathy

This is the yearbook page of Kavanaugh. If this was my kid I would be totally embarrassed. How is this admirable?

Save    
margievank

I guess some of you live in a bubble.

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

When did yearbooks get so trashy?

Save    
CindyMac(8b)

"Brett Kavanaugh’s page in his high school yearbook offers a glimpse of the teenage years of the man who is now President Trump’s Supreme Court nominee: lots of football, plenty of drinking, parties at the beach. Among the reminiscences about sports and booze is a mysterious entry: “Renate Alumnius.”

The word “Renate” appears at least 14 times in Georgetown Preparatory School’s 1983 yearbook, on individuals’ pages and in a group photo of nine football players, including Judge Kavanaugh, who were described as the “Renate Alumni.” It is a reference to Renate Schroeder, then a student at a nearby Catholic girls’ school.

Two of Judge Kavanaugh’s classmates say the mentions of Renate were part of the football players’ unsubstantiated boasting about their conquests.

“They were very disrespectful, at least verbally, with Renate,” said Sean Hagan, a Georgetown Prep student at the time, referring to Judge Kavanaugh and his teammates. “I can’t express how disgusted I am with them, then and now.”

continues at https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/24/business/brett-kavanaugh-yearbook-renate.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Save    
purrmich _6

Renate, being one of the 65 women who vouched for Kav, now says she prays "their daughters are never treated this way". 64 women who vouched left.

Doesn't seem like the 65 knew who/what they were vouching for.

2 Likes Save    
Save    
maifleur01

Renate and others that signed those comments who are also commented on will be having a hard time psychologically since they now know that they were used and used badly.

Save    
ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9

Mr. Avenatti's style may not appeal to everyone but I've never known him to say something that is unsubstantiated or not true. Grandstanding in the cases he was/is involved in is probably the best way to call to the attention of the public the wrongs that are being perpetrated by the present government. Avenatti, no matter what his style, is about revealing the truth of important matters that the Republicans and Mr. Trump would like to hide in a cloud of deflections and outright lies.

10 Likes Save    
mayflowers

It appears to me that Renate is the girl who became drunk and several players then took turns raping. It appears that the football team, including Kavanaugh, were the perps.

Why doesn't Grassley want Kavanaugh's buddy Judge to testify under oath?

1 Like Save    
CindyMac(8b)

Same reason he doesn't want the FBI to investigate.

Save    
vgkg Z-7 Va(Z-7)

They can't handle the truth so it's easier to make these women and demos the bad guys.

Save    
Ziemia(6a)

Sure sounds like (from his yearbook memories/ musings) his parents left him to his own explorations on his way through adolescence. He would have benefited from better parenting.

1 Like Save    
Ziemia(6a)

ABH: "Ever hear of Tawana Brawley? The Duke Lacrosse Team? Jackie at UVA?"

We know what they did vs. claimed BECAUSE there were investigations.

4 Likes Save    
jillinnj

I don't understand nik's logic. Because there have been false claims in the past (duh!), no claims should be investigated?

The cult is showing their true colors. Do not investigate our guy. It doesn't matter what our guy did. The only thing that matters is that we get what we want.

Save    
THOR, Son of ODIN(2)

Treason over Country.

Save    
Eliana

They have no idea what really is going on. They listen to F&F and are told what tRump wants and that becomes their mantra. Not sure what made them so submissive to his propaganda but I can guess.

Save    
dandyfopp

Or take polygraphs. Or ask to be investigated by the FBI.

I know, I know, huge plot from the DEEP STATE to take down pedophile assassin Donnie.

1 Like Save    

Related Stories

My Houzz Houzz TV: A Famed ‘Painted Lady’ Gets a Gorgeous Update
Join us as we walk with the homeowners through one of San Francisco's landmark Victorians, lovingly restored
Full Story