SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dina_herd

VINYL CLICK IN FLOORING

Dina Herd
5 years ago

Good evening, Oh boy how stressful. I just had a builder build me a spec home, and we made some upgrades, one of which was our flooring. We purchased Coastal Estates Hemlock and have been in the home for approx 48 days, and the ends of all the pieces are bending upward about 3/4 of an inch. Its happening everywhere, but where we walk the most is really bad... We were told we could put underlay in to help with noise, (it does not have built in underlay), the guy who put it in is saying it is my underlay, there is too much give.. However we were specifically told by numerous people we could put the underlay in. It seems to me looking at it, that there is not enough room for the boards, and they are pushing together, and one of the sides are giving in and bending. I told the installer from the get go, I kept hearing clicking while walking, and he said it was normal, but low and behold less then two months later we have bend marks at the end of many pieces of the vinyl.. My issue is that we upgraded and bought our own flooring, but the builder had his people install it, so I don't know who to stand my ground with to fix this, they both want to blame each other, so it is leaving me stuck. This is nuts, 1/2 million almost dollar home, and my floors are ruined. Can anyone shed some light on if this seems like not enough room, and expansion, or the underlay. We bought the underlay from a carpet and vinyl store, and showed them exactly what we were buying, and matched it to what the store we bought the Vinyl from said to use.. We just got it cheaper with the other company.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath