SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grangert

18 X12 Living room-help with space placing, dinning area, bright&big

grangert
5 years ago

Hi Houzz,

I have an 18X 12 living room that I would like to make sure that furniture spacing is correct. The living room will function as the family room where we watch TV and play games. The room has a bay window with a window seat (we were thinking a small table could go here for dinning, but not sure). However, the room is dark. I would like to brighten up the room and make it look huge, inviting, with a touch of lux or high end. This is the only room for our family (husband, wife, and 3 year old and guest). So my family spends a lot of time in this room. I was thinking to paint the living room white to make it more bright. I would also like to include wall panel moulding on the wall (ex:strips of painter frames). Also on the wall are these block glass. I would like to hide this. Please inform me on what i can do to hide this. There isn't any light coming through and I'm not willing to insert a window, because we will be looking into next door neighbors house. I'm open for on this wall to incorporate book shelves with a electric fireplace insert. if this works. If not, i would like to mount TV on the wall with a floating shelving unit.

In regards to furniture placing , I would like to know if a sectional would work. if not what type of couch can I purchase that would work with the room. We would also like 2 swivel chairs. We also need an eating area either directly in the living room or a little section off the kitchen (which is not big). The eating area will need to seat 4. I have included attached photos for your review.

My apologies for being long winded. Thank you all for any help you can provide in advance.

Kind regards,

Tanya

Comments (2)