SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristin_rebecca

Front Deck Ideas Needed to add interest to a small house entrance

RenoGirl
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We've renovated nearly all of the interior and some of the exterior out back of our small house, and next spring plan to tear down the front deck and build something more appropriate to help with curb appeal and a better front entrance design. We cannot add on to the actual house, but can do anything with the deck design.

I would love some more ideas on making this a better entrance with a better deck.

We plan to incorporate hiding the garbage bins underneath the enclosed deck space...its a new program here and I need a place to store these bins.

We have no driveway out front so this is not an entrance we use ourselves much. We have parking and a garage out back.

The front right side of the house is very plain and flat, with a large space between the windows. I'm giving some thought to adding an above window, long attached pergola there to add some dimension. I cannot just plant a tree in that space...it gets a ton of shade in that spot from a looming spruce in the neighbors yard, so really limits my planting choices. Any other thoughts other than pergola for this odd space?

What does everyone feel about house paint color? Thats changing next year too.

Heres a couple pics of the front and back so you can see the style we have going in the back yard, which works with the area we live in....we literally have the western Canadian woods out our back door.

Front:

Possible idea for right side of house above windows:

Front walkway from house to street.

Back entrance and yard

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES