SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cliu8918

How to arrange wall cabinets and hide range hood duct?

lc
5 years ago

In the middle of renovating our house, we have a kitchen plan that I had already gotten feedback and help with here. I have tweaked it slightly. Here is the original version that buehl suggested.

My dilemma now has to do with the layout for the wall cabinets and how to hide the hood duct. The ceiling is sloped. The lowest point is the bottom of the picture above and it rises toward the top of the picture.

I am trying to pick from the following options (the actual location of the cabinets and hood in the top down view above will not change, I am trying to figure out if I want to stack cabinets or not and what to do with the hood duct that is going straight up to the roof):

Option 1: Use 90" high cabinets and 40" wall cabinets.

Option 2: Use 80" high cabinets and 30" wall cabinets. Stack 20" cabinets on top.

Option 3: Use 90" high cabinets and 40" wall cabinets. Stack 15" cabinets on top.

Option A: Get a custom duct cover the width of the hood and have it go all the way up to the sloped ceiling.

Option B: Get a custom duct cover the width of the hood and have it go up to the same height as the wall cabinets and have soffit the rest of the way to the ceiling.

Option C: Stack cabinets on top of hood in line with the other wall cabinets and have soffit the rest of the way to the ceiling.

Would really appreciate some insight on which options will work best and look good! TIA!

Comments (2)