SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bunnyemerald

Ionic hair dryers - pros and cons

Bunny
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I would like to hear from those of you who use an ionic hair dryer at home and the effect it has on your hair. Tell me if your hair is short/long, thick/thin, coarse/fine, curly/wavy/straight. Do you get frizz? How long after you wash your hair do you attempt to dry it, i.e., immediately? partially air dry?

I need a new hair dryer and am willing to spend $150-200 if it's worth it. My budget Conair is ready to be retired. I don't care about drying speed, because I air dry my hair about 50% before I use a dryer. I'm not trying to straighten out curls for a sleek look. I like volume, esp. at the roots, and don't mind coaxing a little bend here and there. I would like to impart a bit more shine and reduce a tendency for some ends to frizz slightly.

Whenever I get a haircut my hair looks flat, despite lots of air and round brush. I'm wondering now if it's the ionic feature that's over-smoothing my hair, which is overall straight with a bit of bend, thick and med/coarse texture.

I've got an itch for a new dryer and would appreciate hearing about your favorite dryers and/or ones you've tried and don't like.

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz