SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_tukuafu

DIY Stair Runner

Sandra Jacobs
5 years ago

So we bought the runner, padding and all the tools for installation. I've read quite a few blogs and how to's and hubby has watched YouTube videos. The lady at Home Depot pretty much macerated the end of the runner and I was hoping for a cleaner cut. I saw this Multy-edge Adhesive Carpet Finishing Tape and I'm wondering if I need that before I install the runner on the stairs or is the double sided carpet tape enough? It's going to butt up against the molding on the top and bottom of the stairs. I just wonder if it's going to fray if I don't do something before hand. I seen some people on other threads recommending hot glue, bias tape, fabric glue, elmers glue etc. Just wondering what if anything I might need to give it a polished look and not look like some half crazed person did a hack job on it. And if I re-cut the edge straight what's the best way to do that without looking like a squirrel gnawed on the ends. Scissors, box cutter, some other specialty tool I don't own? Any help would be much appreciated. Runner stock image on the Left side of the image. Right side is my stairs where installation is going to take place. ;)

Comments (2)

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz