SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mycents3

FAST, Quick help needed with new flooring issue.

Cat Draw
5 years ago

I'm using Lowes to put in hard wood engineered flooring in "Lifestyles" hickory (1/2" with 2mm veneer ware layer) in my dining room/living room combo (eventually in the stairs and upstairs hallway too). It's about 350 sq. ft. I've checked the installer and they have good reviews online. I know it will show some wear, it's more of a matt finish, so hopefully not so much. But my problem is my home runs about 50 to 65% humidity in winter (we run the heater then but registers are in the ceiling in the living room/dining room so humidity is probably a low of 60% in those rooms) and about 60% to 73% humidity in our foggy summers. We do not use a dehumidifier or air conditioner (never gets hot enough outside) except in our upstairs bathroom after a shower. So today, talking to the people at Per go about the flooring, I find out the warranty is gone with my humidity levels. I can't do vinyl (health issues - it's in my kitchen but no more, can't have the chemicals) and I hate tile, besides in bathrooms (I'm very cold blooded - don't need the cold floor). With the proper "conditioning of the flooring" before installation, SHOULD I GO FOR IT? Note that after decades, my wood furniture pieces haven't warped and neighbors have not had a problem with their wood floors, as far as I know.

Comment (1)