SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti_kohlmorgen

remodel bathroom to laundry room

Patti Kohlmorgen
5 years ago

Ok folks I have seen questions on this 6 years ago but need newer advice. I live in a bi-level, 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath. The master has a full with shower only, the hall has a full with bathtub and the basement off the guest room has 1/2 bath. This must have been an add on to the laundry room which is not finished and I hate it. Our kids are gone so now I would like to bring our w/d upstairs into the bathroom, replacing the tub. We dont EVER use it anyway! THis bathroom is in the middle of the house, no window. I realize we will either have to have a vent installed thru the wall up thru the ceiling OR get a ventless dryer which my research shows is better because it is recycling air rather than sucking in the air and out...using more electricity but...I could be wrong. Once that project is complete then take the downstairs bathroom and extend into a full by adding a shower. Therefore thee house would still be 2 1/2 baths and we could then extend the family room also. My hall bathroom is on the other side of the kitchen so electric and of course plumbing already there. The bedroom across from the bathroom would be turned into a walk in closet so from the dryer to the closet is my way of thinking. Our grandkids still have their room and we still have ours and still also a guest room. Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions please? How much work/expense am I looking at here?

Comments (2)