SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
otto15

Need advice for area rug in Large Living Room

otto15
5 years ago

Here are some photos of my new living room. Ceiling is very high, room is large, and walls are light neutral grey. Floors are french oak. We have 2 sofas (dark blue velvet) and 2 chairs (dark green velvet). We'll be adding at least one coffee table, maybe 2. Plus side tables, a console table against the wall (maybe a shelving unit not sure). Anyhow, we'd like to stick with a modern/ mid-century modern style, but we are having trouble finding the right area rug. I'm leaning toward white/natural Flokati, as I love the idea of a white rug under the dark furniture and think the fluffiness of it would soften the look a bit. We'd add in some pillows to tie it together. My husband thinks we need a rug with some sort of pattern. I'd like a plain Flokati (shag) rug. What do you think? BTW IGNORE THE RUG that's on the floor now. It's old and we just put it there temporarily. I don't like it there at all.

Also, would you go with one great big coffee table, or perhaps a couple of individual tables. I was thinking perhaps nesting tables in the center (circular with glass top? or marble top?)

Comments (28)