SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foothillviews

Need help choosing modern minimalist windows

foothillviews
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Remodeling my 1920 house that has had some 70's additions into a modern minimalist design for the interior and will upgrade the exterior. I have several windows, a door and a 14'x8' opening that I need to buy windows and doors for. Many of the windows in the pictures will be resized to be taller and slightly wider to more closely match the height of the large opening. I need help with choosing windows, a door and a large slider. I have looked at a few manufacturers such as Milgard Ultra Fiberglass, Milgard Aluminum Series and the Anderson 100 series but have not decided and would like to know if there are options I am not looking at that will have minimal frame, maximum glass and be durable in rain, wind and sun exposure. Do not want wood exterior or vinyl windows. I want black exterior and black interior. Was told aluminum is best to achieve this modern minimalist window look but when I talk to window people they say Fiberglass is better and people are trending more towards using that for modern new homes. Please I would appreciate any suggestions as to what I should be looking at. I live in a Northern California neighborhood with very high end homes so want the windows to properly upgrade the house look without breaking the bank.

Great Room Windows · More Info

Comments (16)