SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lia1

BM White Dove walls with Chantilly Lace trim/ceilings bad idea?

lia1
5 years ago
Hi we are building new house - modern/open concept but not ultra modern. Was recommended to do Chantilly Lace trim/doors/ceiling and paint White dove for bathroom walls, kitchen cabinetry. However I've been reading that white dove while a versatile and lovely colour can look bad next to a truer white eg. White tile, toilets/tubs, chantilly lace, so now I'm worried about areas where these 2 are going to be side by side. Ideally I want a warm but versatile white not creamy and it would be nice to have the same ceiling/trim/door colour everywhere. Should I reconsider these colours together? Or will they be just fine?

Bathrooms I could have different trim/ceiling colour but it gets tricky in open concept kitchen, dining room and family room.

I can't do paint swatches and don't have the millwork done yet - just have to pick a colour and go with it as this is construction for a whole house. General colour scheme for what has been selected so far: natural oak and walnut millwork, oak floors, black frame windows, tiles grey/greige/white/soft white colours.

I've looked at both colours and while I like them each separately not sure about putting them together but I'm looking at paint chips only. Appreciate any advice as I am starting to go crazy researching white paint!!

Comment