SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mshutterbug

Layout ideas for homeschool/toy room?

mshutterbug
5 years ago
We’re converting our toy room to be a homeschool room as well. I’ll starting 2 of my kids in Kindergarten (my oldest is in middle school and won’t be homeschooling.)

The little blue table is about 24” square and while it’s fine for snacks or coloring, they’ll need a little more space for school. I really like it being in the window for the natural light. And I prefer they sit with shoulders to window, rather than with backs to window or to room. I’m thinking a 36x30ish table would work well and give just (barely) enough room to get in and out of chairs. (Other idea is to position a slightly longer table/desk with short side to window, but that seems awkward to have table jutting into room.

The measurements are pretty close, but not perfect. I would like to put a very small desk in the room for myself to sit at with book or laptop while they are doing independent work. Thinking this one would work well. And if I put my back to wall I’ll be able to see the girls and be able to see a little natural light myself.

The easel is easy to move around. The train table needs to stay in the room. The glider can go.

Some pics of the room. We have a regular bedroom closet, which we are putting shelving in. And we have a secondary closet that I’m still organizing :)

Ideas for an efficient layout?

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022