SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dw62797

CoreTEC Plus XL-E Fairweather Oak / Harrison Oak...Bevel or No Bevel?

D W
5 years ago

Hello All,

I am considering CoreTEC for flooring throughout smaller farm house in rural MI. While the house will have a "farm/cottage" esthetic, my intention is not to be over the top farm...but rather a sophisticated, cozy, farm feel.

In looking at color and style, I think I've narrowed it down to Fairweather Oak or Harrison Oak. I am interested in a medium, warm brown that does not pull to orange/yellow and not grey...something somewhat timeless that will go with varying wood shades, painted furniture and blacks accents.

Do you have other suggestions?

The kitchen cabinets will be a warm white, as will the trim throughout the house. Windows will likely be wood, with warm white trim. That is yet to be finalized.

Does anyone have pictures of those two floor colors in your homes or in sample homes? I keep trying to find ideas in the Houzz photos, but flooring color names are often not listed.

Also...what are your thoughts on bevels in your wood flooring? On one hand, it makes the floor look more like wood...on the other hand...bevels can trap dirt and such. Hmmmmm thoughts?

THANKS for your help!!

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    5 years ago
    I would look at Modin Rigid from Flooret (online and on Houzz). Cork back. 40 mil wear layer is twice industry standard. $4/SF.
  • D W
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks Hal Braswell Consulting!! Is this product available in any retail outlet where I could see it in person?
  • PRO
    Vanessa Empire Interiors, LLC
    5 years ago

Hi DW- I love Coretec! I have used it in several applications including this Hair Salon, but also in a residential space. The color I used in both of these projects I am including here is Blackstone Oak, and it was selected because both of my clients wanted it to read Warm and cool, and this flooring had a nice mix of the two colors.

With regard to the bevel, I would recommend avoiding it, as it does tend to make it harder to keep clean. While Coretec offers a lifetime warranty in a residential installation (assuming your installer does it to specs), but the bevels, while they are trendy, tend to show wear sooner since it exposes other areas of the flooring moreso than others, and dirt tends to get stuck inside of the creases more often.

Good luck with your project! Sounds like you're on the right track!

Highlands Bungalow · More Info

This is the blackstone oak in a residential installation.

Hair Salon · More Info

This is the same flooring in a Hair Salon Commercial installation. Both with out bevels so it will stay nice longer!

Good luck on your project!

• PRO
    Hal Braswell Consulting
    5 years ago
    You would need to order samples to see Modin Rigid in person under your lighting and see it against your other finishes. This also allows you to see the bevels. I would get samples from Coretec and any other brands you are considering since showroom appearance and what it looks like at your home can be different. Not being available in showrooms is part of the reason it is only $4/SF (no retailer overhead or markup).
  • D W
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks for your insights Vanessa and for posting the pics!!
  • D W
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thanks Hal for suggestion to get samples!! The house is all torn apart - down to bare studs and plywood floor - so not much to compare against in the home now.
  • Chrissi
    5 years ago
    Can you post pix of your Coretec floors and which color you chose? Considering Wicanders Moroccan Pine or Coretec in Williamson Oak. Thanks!
  • Lydia Atkinson
    4 years ago

What did you end up going with? We are also trying to choose between Harrison and Fair-weather!

• Chrissi
    4 years ago
    We ended up getting a product from Hallmark Floors in their LVP line Courtier. It’s called Baroness and it has been awesome. Had it installed 3 days ago and I am so in love with it.
  • Lydia Atkinson
    4 years ago
    That’s very pretty!! I’ve never heard of that brand. How was the price compared to the COREtec extra long?
  • Chrissi
    4 years ago
    The place I got it from is a wholesale flooring company. I priced it at another store and they wanted 7.99 a sq ft and the store I bought from it was 3.99 sq ft. This is there site. They are more prominently known for their wood floors but their LVP is gorgeous!

https://hallmarkfloors.com
  • D W
    Original Author
    4 years ago

I ended up ordering Sweet Talker from the Provenza line. The Flooret colors didn't work great in my space; so continued the search and landed with Provenza. Won't be installed until early June, so no pics to share. Good luck in your decision making! I know it's sooooo hard! I was on the floor journey since November! yikes!