SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rnbsnjd57

Anyone have one of the new Bosch Dishwashers?

Eric
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Greetings Gardenweb!

We recently moved, and when we did so we left our beloved Miele Ecoflex Dimension there... Of course, the new house has a terrible dishwasher and its making it's exit. That leaves me with the decision on a new dishwasher. Since we purchased the Dimension, the prices seem to have jumped a few hundred dollars. It is to the point where I am not sure I can justify the cost.

We used to have a bosch 800. It cleaned great, but anything plastic came out wet. This was a common complaint at the time, and I'm wondering if the "extra dry' option has done anything to fix that.

Basically it comes down to a few things for me.

1) I feel like the Bosch and Miele we owned cleaned almost equally as good (slight nod to the miele). I really do prefer the 3rd washing arm dedicated to the 3rd rack on the Miele.

2) The Miele absolutely destroyed the Bosch when it comes to drying. The auto-open was spectacular, nothing came out wet.

3) My wife preferred the less involved rack provided by the Bosch, Miele might give too many options here.

4) My wife really wants the timer that projects on the floor that the benchmark series (and some 800 series, apparently) offers.

5) The Bosch is significantly cheaper.

6) They were both whisper quiet.

In the end, I feel like the only thing preventing me from buying a Bosch this time is the drying, or lack thereof, that we previously experienced. If this has been resolved, awesome. If not, back to the Miele we go....

Comments (24)