SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_388518625

Studio apartment front door walks right into kitchen/dining - help!

HU-388518625
5 years ago

Hi everyone, I just moved into a new studio apartment in NYC. I have no entry or hallway - the front door just opens into the space directly. When you walk in, to your left is the kitchen and to your right is an alcove that is about 8' x 8'. When I first moved in, I originally put my bed there since that is the larger alcove in the studio (it has one other titled a "den" which is kind of a joke but after one weird night of sleeping with my bed next to the front door and facing the oven, I moved me bed to that alcove on the other side of the apartment - much better!") So now I'd like to use this alcove as a dining area with an etagere with my clay dishes and some plants and a few books and pieces of art. I was thinking of getting a dining nook/banquette type thing, but if I do that, I don't know which corner to place it in, or where to put the etagere, or where the dining seating should face. Everything feels awkward. I know it's not very Feng Shiu to have the table facing the door, but the other wall, is the wall shared with the hallway. I am open to any ideas. Please give me your ideas! Also, I am considering the dining banquette nook with a rectangle table, but also open not any other dining or setup ideas. I do have a counter with two bar stools so a dining table isn't essential. And I have my main couch and living area in the area behind the counter. PS So sorry for the mess and boxes in the photos - just moved in!

Thank you!

Comments (7)