SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dfmcminn

Mixing baseboard trim and door casing sizes

dfmcminn
5 years ago
I am remodeling a large townhome where I will spend probably the next 7 to 10 years and then sell and move to my forever home. bear in mind I'm 53. I'm not nuts about the current standard trim around the doors and baseboards. they are standard and okay. Although the town home is 30 years old the windows or are more modern and only have a bottom trim if you will and it makes for a very clean polished look in the room makes it a little more contemporary. Anyway I really don't want to have to replace every single piece of baseboard trim and door casing and I was thinking about going with a wide baseboard trim and door casing in my master bedroom and my main living area which includes a dining living hallway and kitchen dining period individual rooms like bathrooms spare bedrooms laundry room closets and a my large family room downstairs would still have the standard baseboard and door casing trim that's on there now albeit painted. what do you all think? because the rooms will not be visible from one to another I'm thinking that that would look okay if I do common areas and my master bedroom with the wide trim and then small individual rooms with the standard trimm. thanks for your help

Comments (2)