SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
simmy_odette

Should I request my bathroom floor tile be re-done.

Simmy Odette
5 years ago

The area of tile I am talking about is about 52 inches by 70 inches.

From the very beginning I expressed quite explicitly that I do not like large grout lines on the bathroom floor. I repeated this over and over and over again....

When they finally got around to that part they asked me if I was ok with 1/8 spacers. I said if it gives me 1/8 grout lines sure - Nothing bigger then that.

So they do it.. and when the grout goes in I am looking at the floor... and it really looks like the grout is pretty big. I measure them and all the grout lines are 1/4th are larger. If I had not been so explicitly anal about these lines I feel I would just leave it alone and live with it .

However, being as I was so explicit about it I don't feel in the wrong telling them I don't like it and do it over. Unless someone tells me it is normal for 1/8 spacers to result in grout lines double the size.

PS: I should note that two bathrooms in the home were being redone ( two different apartments - the other belongs to my sister.) . What makes this worse is that after they were done I complained so much that they made sure to do the floor in my sister apartment correctly. So every time I walk in to her apartment It will be a constant reminder that my bathroom was supposed to be done like this.

Am I asking too much.?

Comments (11)