SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katie_failinger18

Seeking cozy armchair for a modern couch

Katie Failinger
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello Houzz!

I'm seeking help to find the perfect armchair to add to my new living room. My partner and I have different styles - he loves mid century modern while I dream of living in a french country house. We're trying to find ways to accommodate both of our styles/likes without getting overly complicated. We just moved into a new place and are starting with the large furniture first.

We ended up buying a sofa that is modern, and now we just need to add an armchair to complete our space. I was eyeing English roll armchairs, but alas, I don't think that will be the best option design wise for our space. My musts for armchairs: something I can curl up in and use on a daily basis opposed to an accent piece. I should add that I'm a tall gal, so need something a little larger to fit my frame. I don't love mid-century modern, so I want to stay away from adding more pieces that scream that style. I was thinking the Barton armchair from Serena and Lily may be a good fit for what I'm looking for, but hoping to find another alternative under $800.

Thanks all for the advice!

Comments (13)