SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
etravel3965

Bathroom dilemmas! dark vs light vanity to start and flooring!

etravel3965
5 years ago

redoing a basement bathroom...sorry don't have any pics yet....but it's fairly good sized and long...I would say 5 ft by 8 ft or so...trying to decide whether to go off white vanity with granite top (sienna bordoux, spelling) the fixtures like toilet and etc are biscuit...and the granite does have the cream base and has some gray and touch of brown it it...there is also an existing biscuit color shower in the corner that has to stay...or the other vanity color would be darker like a smoke colored dark gray/brown on alder or cherry...the granite also goes nicely or there was a quartz remnant that was also liked from LG that was white with a few warm flecks going through it...almost a marble design. also would have to do a biscuit sink...no window in the room but decent lighting. If we did the dark vanity I would do some luxury vinyl tile in a light color or a porc. tile. If did the off white do more of a medium color and I love some of the beautiful new wood look vinyl planks that looks so awesome and are easy care, but the hall that butts up against this bath and all into the great room and so on is a darkish walnut engineered wood...so would it look weird having a vinyl wood up against the engineered? Maybe would have to go totally different color if did that? So those are a few dilemmas to start!!!! Any thoughts on what direction to go? Our house is on a lake and is kind of a transitional style, not contemporary but def not country! thanks in advance..

Comments (3)