SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
olychick2

Eastern Toll Road Questions

Olychick
5 years ago

There is a possibility I'll be traveling to the DC, Virginia area in the Spring. I've been a couple of times but was younger and more agile. I might have to travel from the Fredricksburg area into DC for sightseeing. As much as I dread the thought of having to pay to park a car at a hotel in DC, it may have to happen. It's a complicated travel itinerary involving other people, that isn't really worth explaining at this point. We may stay in VA for a few days then move into DC for a few more. When we are in DC we may need to get back out to VA for a few hours, or when we are in VA, we may want to go into DC to do some things. Having a car will limit me having to walk to and from a train station, etc. Once in DC, we'd probably Lyft to places to sight see and just leave the car at the hotel. We'd mostly need the car for getting back and forth to VA.

Anyway, as I looked at some distances/times for driving, I see the maps say "toll road" on some of them. We don't have those here, just toll lanes and some toll bridges. If there is a toll road, are there toll booths where you stop and pay? Or do you buy a pass somewhere in advance or???

Thanks for any insights you can give me.

Comments (31)