SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
m56_v89

growing Arabian Jasmine and Mandevilla indoors

M56 V89
5 years ago

As we all know from ruthless winter in Calgary last year. Is it safe to get plants into ground now?. I'm looking at Early August - Early September for some fall planting not sure how shrubs will fare well. will it give some time for the roots to adjust?. After having moved from Louisville to Calgary, I keep making some expensive mistakes in terms of buying and planting only to see it all die on me!! :(( I'm still figuring out the plant combos and seasons here. I'd greatly appreciate your inputs

Miniature roses - Love love these. They look so great!!. Can I grow this indoors?. I have a east facing window and get adequate amount of sunlight.. Initially I can keep it outside and then bring 'em back in once the first frost sets..

Arabian Jasmine and Mandevilla - This triggered nostalgia for me, we had a huge mandevilla vine growing in my Nana's in Cherryvale SC and not to mention Sambacs that did so great every season. Filled her patio with sweet sweet fragrance. I was stoked to see Arabian Jasmine and Mandevillas at the local nursery before I get my hopes for these guys, would these sustain in fluctuating weather in Calgary and not to mention the occasional chinooks we get?. I could keep it out for a while and then bring them back in after pruning and may be even plant them both in a bigger pot and leave it by the window.

Sorry about this lengthy posts. Any thoughts on fragrant spreader roses they sell at Home depot?. Should it be burlap their first winter?. Will it all die back to the ground?. I live up North in Calgary, we sometimes get ton of snow and I don't want to shock the plants. Any recommendations regarding hardy roses will be greatly appreciated. I know with proper planning and bit of hardwork, i could have a great looking perennial garden in Calgary but the weather is catching me off-guard..

Thank you all wonderful green thumbs!.

Comments (8)