SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caleb_elliott8

having trouble finding good colors

Caleb Elliott
5 years ago
Hello,

First time posting here. Doing an update on a ranch house built in 1982. See pic below. Having a hard time finding a good color combo for this house as it was originally clad in cedar panels, board n batten (around back), red brick and so on. Problem is, I can figure out the front on numerous ideas, to the point t that I’ve ordered and will be installing cedar planking/rain screen on entry way.

However, the back of the house has me stumped. While the front has lots of ideas stemming from the painted cedar 4x6 beams and red brick, the back is sort of plain to a degree. No matter what color palette I choose, it either does not go with the roof or makes the roof take on a purple color (with any cool undertone grays, blues or etc. any ideas would be welcome.

P.s. first photo is what house looked like when we bought it. 2nd photo is a photoshop rendition of what I’m seriously considering at this point. 3rd photo is back of house when we bought it and last photo is the current back photoshop rendition.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (8)