SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mapskraps

RETIREMENT HOME: 80s Golden Oak, No Wall Space, Large T.V. -- HELP!

Map Skraps
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Our “Retirement Nest” is a new trailer! I’M FIGHTING THE “CUTESY” LOOK I SEEM TO HAVE WOUND UP WITH. Would love your thoughts on my remaining concerns — and anything else you’d care to comment on.

NO WALL SPACE - Putting in so many windows, plus opening our computer room into the living room has given us the open, bright look we want … but … has left us NO wall space! Skip the wall art? Or what and where? (The clock in my photos is going to go. We cannot see it from the sofa.)

LARGE T.V. - Elephant in the room! I’d like to keep the chest it is on. Any suggestions for minimizing? The only calm, empty place in the room is above the T.V. Leave it open for balance? Decorate it? With what?

80s GOLDEN OAK FURNITURE from formal living and dining rooms in our last home; had very little use, remains in near perfect condition. Getting rid of it cannot be justified! Ideas for creating an updated look with this stuff? Paint? Not all pieces but which ones? What color?

WHITE KITCHEN - Should I go for a pop of color? How? Purchase 2 or 3 barstools (which would never be used?) Style, shape, color?

Thank you, in advance, for your time and your ideas.

—pam

Comments (31)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH