SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
autumn_mcpherson

Microclover Yard Alternative?

Autumn Mcpherson
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello, I am hoping that this will be my last post asking for advice. I so thankful for this community as it has been very helpful. We are "renovating" our yard, but I know nothing about landscaping. My dream is to turn our yard from the rocky, uncomfortable weed filled yard that it is into something that we can walk on and my child can play. Right now the dog doesn't even like walking on it for the amount of rocks jabbing up.

We plan to sheet mulch this year, and then would like to grow a lawn next year. It's about 1/2 acre in size. After lots of suggestions and research I'm leaning towards a microclover, grass mixture. I am thinking of buying the clover seed and the lawn seed separately and then mix them. Should I just find a mix? Does anyone have experience with growing microclover? What type of grass would mix well with it? I would love a "soft" feeling and look in the yard. I don't mind it looking a bit wild. We live in the Poconos in Pennsylvania, and the yard is in dappled shade for part of the day. I thought about just doing clover, but understand that it appears to "die" in the winter before coming back. The whole thing feel overwhelming so any insight would be great!

Comments (3)