SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ajshaffer1

Landscaping ideas/help

grimace27
5 years ago

I bought my first home last year and finally have the inside done to the point where I’m thinking about the outside.

I’m in desperate need of some landscaping, but I don‘t want to fire off in the wrong direction and end up with a mix-matched yard. There is already a planting area in the front covered by the black landscaping material. Im not against removing the sidewalk and doing something different because it is concrete covered with nature stone and it is all coming off and looks awful.

I’d like to have a plan on paper. I‘d love to have a professional design it to go with the house, possibly mid-century style? I’m a newbie so I’m very open to ideas.

I’ve also thought about and had suggestions to replace the outsides of the driveway with a different material to make it appear thinner but still have the utility of parking vehicles on it when needed. I was thinking brick or stone pavers or some other permiable surface on the outside and leave the asphalt in the middle about the width of the garage door.

I haven’t had much luck finding a designer locally so if it can be done with photos I can provide as many as are needed. Thanks for the help!

Comments (12)