SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_8216542

Late 60's Garrison Colonial Curb Appeal

Beth
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

We recently purchased a home that could use some help with curb appeal. We do not want to paint the brick, but would consider staining it or something else that didn't require frequent maintenance. Also, the siding is aluminum and needs to be cleaned. It is a light blue or green (it is tough to tell). We would like to come up with a long-term plan to improve curb appeal as well as some short-term, inexpensive projects. The tree on the corner of the house (Japanese Maple) on the right side is way too close and probably needs to be taken out at some point (though it breaks my heart). The other tree on the right (some other kind of maple) has some problems (may have been struck by lightning) and may also have to go, but we would likely replace it. I definitely want to add some kind of covering over the front door so guests don't have to stand in the rain waiting for us to answer the door. I would really like to have window boxes just for the gardening fun, and all the windows have screens that would easily allow watering, but I can garden in other places just as well. And yes, the lawn needs some work.

Comments (16)