SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
elindley

Options for Backyard without deck or patio?

E L
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I wasn’t sure if this is a home or garden forum question but because I’ll also ask about planting I added it here.

After getting several bids for a new deck or paver patio we’ve decided we simply can’t afford to do either. my thoughts on the matter were to make a “grass” circular patio with a fire pit in the center and bring out butterfly chairs when we actually use it. Another option would be pea gravel but I’ve heard nothing but negative comments on pea gravel. It’s south-facing so blazing hot and zero privacy. nevermind the mosquitos that devour small children (I’m in zone 5a/b). I would plant hydrangeas or something that will provide privacy from neighbors and absorb sound and have them circle around the grass circle. I plant mostly natives in my area and garden organically but I love mixing in little limes and limelights in my gardens.

Anyone else living and entertaining without a deck or patio and not missing it? Do you have pea gravel and love it? Would love to see pics please! Thank you So much for your help. :)

Comments (5)